Looking For An Update

Jezie

Reaction score
A while back there was a story about a guy who was arrested for something, I believe robbery of some kind, he was sentenced to 14 years. He goes home does not change anything and waits. While waiting he does not try to hide, starts a family, and does not commit another crime. It takes the state 14 years to realize that he did not serve time, once they realize this they throw the guy in jail.
I forget his name and the rest of the details... does anyone know what I am talking about or have an update on this story?

A while back there was a story about a guy who was arrested for something, I believe robbery of some kind, he was sentenced to 14 years. He goes home does not change anything and waits. While waiting he does not try to hide, starts a family, and does not commit another crime. It takes the state 14 years to realize that he did not serve time, once they realize this they throw the guy in jail.
I forget his name and the rest of the details... does anyone know what I am talking about or have an update on this story?

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/stlo...ants-to-restart-the-clock/Content?oid=2506702

I believe this is the story you're talking about , I meant to post here and clicked on the wrong post . UGH ! I am still not use to this new format.

Oh wow ... the justice system actually did the right thing? That... that actually shocked me... I am glad he got out... just sucks that he was arrested like that...
Find it amusing that some smuck lied to cover his rear or make his case stronger (whatever the reasons be) seems to be the crux of how this happened. But to say that he owes the state when the justice system claims to be about rehilbiliataion and not vengeance. .. that is wrong and shows a deep sickness in the criminal justice system and our society. Thanks for providing the update this has been on my mind a lot recently...

Oh wow ... the justice system actually did the right thing? That... that actually shocked me... I am glad he got out... just sucks that he was arrested like that...
Find it amusing that some smuck lied to cover his rear or make his case stronger (whatever the reasons be) seems to be the crux of how this happened. But to say that he owes the state when the justice system claims to be about rehilbiliataion and not vengeance. .. that is wrong and shows a deep sickness in the criminal justice system and our society. Thanks for providing the update this has been on my mind a lot recently...
Sure , I knew what story you meant right away , and it as easy to find . I am glad it worked out OK for him too.

Back