Looking for an ASL chat Partner, 34m in NYC

grommit928

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Im Rob, a 34m in NYC currently in his 2nd year of learning ASL. I am HOH, but learning sign independently of that (I can clearly understand speech, etc. - I am learning ASL because I like it.)

Want to make the jump since I am realizing I need more exposure to ASL and practicing with people. Anyone want to meet semi-regularly to chat and practice - or if in NYC even meet up for a beer and some sign ? Hope to hear from you - have yahoo or skype....

Oh

Am also new to the alldeaf.com community - so I am very glad to be here and hope to get some good exposure and meet new people....

Am also new to the alldeaf.com community - so I am very glad to be here and hope to get some good exposure and meet new people....

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I guess you found out that this is a discussion board. But if you want to join us to discuss or debate with us about topics that interest you. Then you are most welcome to join us. Just have fun with us by reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

WELCOME!!!!!!!!! There is a HUGE Deaf community in NYC...Can you get to NJ? Anyone know if Alex is gonna have that DPHH thing in NJ again?

Add me on Skype. I'm originally from NYC and currently live in RI. My Skype name is PurpleFruhead. I first studied at NYSD, how about you?

Nice to meet you - this is an amazing place and I'm sure you will get to know a lot of people ;)
Cya

Ooooo. Mr Kenny, the Kansas Deaf community is VERY open and welcoming to hoh folks!

Yeah... problem is, I'm not quite fluent yet (I am mostly if they sign somewhat slow) so I don't know really how to approach others and just start talking... they always tend to want to chat with others that can sign better and faster... it seems... But yeah maybe I"'m meeting the wrong people

WELCOME!!!!!!!!! There is a HUGE Deaf community in NYC...Can you get to NJ? Anyone know if Alex is gonna have that DPHH thing in NJ again?

Yeah it is on October 30 at 8:30 pm to 3 am. It is at The Quays Bar & Restaurant. The address is 310 Sinatra Drive in Hoboken, NJ. Free admission before 10 pm. Must be over 21. Hosted by both Alex Chu and Anthony Hastings.

Back