Looking For A Sign Buddy!

camtheham

Reaction score
I am profoundly deaf for those that are wondering. I grew up in a hearing community, and used this forum last year to escape from that to communicate with others that experience what I felt.

Over the past year I've gotten more engaged in the deaf community, LOFT(AG Bell conference for deaf teens that speak), and I'm participating in an RIT camp this summer. Even though the AG Bell did not use any signing, the RIT program I am going to is very gesture/ASL based. I've taken ASL for 3-4 years, but I've forgotten a lot since then because I do not use it, ever.

If anyone is down to skype or video chat to brush up on signing skills that would be sweet.
By the way, I am a 17 year old male from California.

Hello, camtheham! I would love to chat, as I am learning ASL as well. Feel free to message me to get my Skype info!

-William

Haha, don't worry about it! Thank you for welcoming me :)

Ans @others Skyping sounds great!
Oh :ty: I feel younger already LOL! Things are so difference for deaf and HOH people today , there was no Deaf culture in my town growing up and I never of ASL until I was older.

Hey Cam, I'd love to have a sign buddy. It'd be awesome. Idk how this works or to message someone but just imessage or email for skype: epicmaya@gmail.com
dont laugh, i made it when I was 10.. lol

agbell must of been nasty...
sorry you went ot that..
good luck at rit

sign
will
set
you
free

agbell must of been nasty...
sorry you went ot that..
good luck at rit

sign
will
set
you
free

Haha, I have nothing against AG Bell or speaking in general. I think if you just signed you would miss out on communicating with the hearing world(so why not both?!).

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I am profoundly deaf for those that are wondering. I grew up in a hearing community, and used this forum last year to escape from that to communicate with others that experience what I felt.

Over the past year I've gotten more engaged in the deaf community, LOFT(AG Bell conference for deaf teens that speak), and I'm participating in an RIT camp this summer. Even though the AG Bell did not use any signing, the RIT program I am going to is very gesture/ASL based. I've taken ASL for 3-4 years, but I've forgotten a lot since then because I do not use it, ever.

If anyone is down to skype or video chat to brush up on signing skills that would be sweet.
By the way, I am a 17 year old male from California.
I've been learning sign and need someone to practice with! Do you have an Instagram I can dm or a Facebook. I don't want to give out my information for anyone to see. I'm 17 also.

Back