Looking for a place I can move in

Missylowkey

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I’m deaf black woman who been isolated from social eps I been working. I just need a new fresh life in a new place. I lived in Wisconsin a whole life and feel it is time for me to move out of this state. I’m looking for a place where I can afford for a life. I work at Amazon and live with my mom’s house. Trying to save money so I can move out. I’m looking for a city or town with diversity and friendly environment. Good hikes and camp. Friendly deaf community where I would like to active as volunteer in. Affordable apartment I can live in like $600 rent to down. Nearby Amazon. I just want a simple life and explore beautiful nature/cultures. Wisconsin is dry and dead to me. I prefer only the southern. So, give me list of cities/towns where I can live affordable for a deaf black woman. And when you send me names of list I will research it on the internet. Thank you

I feel you as I used to live in Milwaukee, and I never want to come back since 2000. It is not easy to find $600/mo rent unless you’re roommating with someone in Texas or Florida. I live in California, the rent is pretty much expensive but there are so many things to do for free like hiking, going to beach, play volleyball or ride bike (have to buy bike first or rent a bike) in a nice sunny weather which is why rent are expensive here. Texas and Florida is cheap but not much things to do there. Decisions and decisions. I would recommend you to visit the place first to see if you like it before moving in. Good luck!

Its like a thousand now here in the south for any kind of place market rate. Sometimes a house or duplex is cheaper. But Arkansas is the very last in the Nation with Rentors vs Landlords. I am in a federal housing so it is kept to Federal Standard that is acceptable. The last two places other than my previous house and lands were not acceptable at all on the arkansas rental scene.

I don't worry about this race or that race but here you will probably find that different peoples keep to themselves in a manner of speaking. The trick is to find a really small town (Less than 1000 people) where hardly anything happens. Getting mail would be the most exciting time of day other than going food shopping. But you will be paying for everything that the land lord will not pay. And then some. Its pretty bad in the market for those seeking to rent here. Now if you had some form of deafness or other challenges to your personal living or disabilities then a Federal Housing is the very best way to go. You are assessed 30% of your income whatever it is for rent up to certain income limits depending on how many other than yourself is living there. In some ways it's not as nice as a paid for home with land and no debts etc. But life does not always stay in the same path whatever the future is going to hold.

We are approaching a time where if the Landlords and Owners of those buildings across the USA simply do not have money, they will go back to what I remember from the 70's in the NYC bronx. Burn it. And walk away from it. Better to burn it and leave the smoking pile and take up something else in life like working in a McDonalds with no responsibility other than to be on time and to do a good job fixing food right. So to speak.

I consider the entire USA home. I could talk about any number of places around the USA, however I am biased with one view and have to say that sometimes wherever you go there you are again. Whatever it might be. Be very careful where you go in the USA. Things are changing faster than even I could keep up with. I looked back at the old Baltimore block where I was a child. All of those peoples are dead and gone, The businesses that for generations supported the area, the people and provided productive and profitable work poof. Out of business as of covid 2020. Whats left? VERY DEEP VIOLENCE, Extreme Survillence Cameras (I counted 50 near a traffic light corner...) and just smoke pot shops and alcohol stores. Everything else was crumbling. Falling down by nature because the people cannot afford to live in those homes anymore. Some of those places stood 150 years. But now must fall down because they are rotting with no one in them. And the crime is unacceptable.

I hate to pick on baltimore so much. Its not ALL bad. But again you would need to be very careful where you go and what you are getting into. One idea is to learn what cities pay for shotspotters. Little Rock does. They signed a 300,000 dollar annual contract for shot spotters. There is enough shooting, killing and hurting by gun that the system is what the Law uses to catch the gangs and criminals who just shot someone. Or several someones. I don't recommend little rock at all, especially at night. However, if you were careful it's POSSIBLE to find a spot somewhere that might fill some of the needs and wants you crave. The grass is not necessarily greener here than there.

Good luck!

One reason I left Maryland is that many counties could not be bothered to provide adequate housing for those who are priced out of the rental market locally. And its a form of discrimination practiced by those who have to keep the riff raff like me out. So they never build Federal Housing at all, they do not build or support anyone with disabilities and so on. It can be a very cold empty place that is very cruel and heartless towards those who have nothing. And worse working at minimum wage living with 10 others sharing the same rent in some shack somewhere downtown at market rate. And you wonder why people today do not sometimes feel that they are finding a place to call home.

I can think of far worse places to go, particularly as what I am personally I would be killed because I do not belong. Its that simple. So again be careful what you pick. Learn as much about a place as you can before you move.

Hi there. How was your housing search coming along? Are you looking to rent or own? If I may ask… I am originally from Florida but moved to North Dakota last summer. I definitely would encourage you to definitely research the different areas you’re looking at potentially moving. As other replies to your post have stated. I am on limited income and I was able to purchase my house out right for just under 21,000. It is not big but it’s perfect for me. It is not a dump either. Now that said the reason I found a place that’s cheap up here is because I am definitely rural. In fact my closest Walmart is in Estavan Canada. It’s definitely taken some getting used to tho. It is cold and I mean stupid cold! LOL however, the peace and quiet and slow down pace of life definitely outweigh the distance to places like McDonald’s or Walmart. I don’t have to worry about crime so much where I’m at, the population of my town is maybe 120 people. Everyone just kind of looks out for each other, yet they’re not in your business either if that makes sense? Where I live it’s more of a farming community. Beautiful scenery with kind welcoming people from all walks of life and all shades and colors and ages. That said, the next town over which is about 15 miles west just got its first dollar general and let me tell you that has been a big deal! LOL we were also excited We more have to worry about moose and what I call Prairie chicken LOL
I know that the bigger cities here in North Dakota definitely more expensive but still reasonable.
The other thing I would advise is when you find a place that you’re interested in moving to end just because the rent is in your price range you also want to look at the price of living… For instance, a gallon of milk for me is roughly 6 bucks.
It’s all been worth it for me though, I have found peace here, and found myself- even though I’m lliterally in the middle of nowhere.
I wish you luck. Please keep us updated?

Hi there. How was your housing search coming along? Are you looking to rent or own? If I may ask… I am originally from Florida but moved to North Dakota last summer. I definitely would encourage you to definitely research the different areas you’re looking at potentially moving. As other replies to your post have stated. I am on limited income and I was able to purchase my house out right for just under 21,000. It is not big but it’s perfect for me. It is not a dump either. Now that said the reason I found a place that’s cheap up here is because I am definitely rural. In fact my closest Walmart is in Estavan Canada. It’s definitely taken some getting used to tho. It is cold and I mean stupid cold! LOL however, the peace and quiet and slow down pace of life definitely outweigh the distance to places like McDonald’s or Walmart. I don’t have to worry about crime so much where I’m at, the population of my town is maybe 120 people. Everyone just kind of looks out for each other, yet they’re not in your business either if that makes sense? Where I live it’s more of a farming community. Beautiful scenery with kind welcoming people from all walks of life and all shades and colors and ages. That said, the next town over which is about 15 miles west just got its first dollar general and let me tell you that has been a big deal! LOL we were also excited We more have to worry about moose and what I call Prairie chicken LOL
I know that the bigger cities here in North Dakota definitely more expensive but still reasonable.
The other thing I would advise is when you find a place that you’re interested in moving to end just because the rent is in your price range you also want to look at the price of living… For instance, a gallon of milk for me is roughly 6 bucks.
It’s all been worth it for me though, I have found peace here, and found myself- even though I’m lliterally in the middle of nowhere.
I wish you luck. Please keep us updated?
Florida to North Dakota? It seems like you adjusted it pretty quickly.

Florida to North Dakota? It seems like you adjusted it pretty quickly.
I adjusted to everything but the cold! We just had a cold snap that averaged 55 below windchill that lasted for 10 days. (I am near the Canadian border). The people here though are so wonderful and welcoming. And it’s nothing to watch deer and/or moose walk through your yard. And I even live “in” town.

I plan to move to a new house but it requires renovation. I have no ideas and inspiration, who can recommend good websites? I was looking for ideas on Pinterest but didn't find anything. By the way, I also came across a website that provides a lot of useful renovation tips, maybe it will be useful for someone https://woodyexpert.com/best-wood-glue/
It may sound silly but that are simulators and even game apps (redecor) that let you design a room so you can better visualize it first. Good luck with the renovation!

Back