Long Distance Relationship

Not for me... I'd prefer someone physical..:)

For me it depends but I perfer the relationship to be more serious when we are together in person as we live in the same state or whatever, so that way there wont be any confusion, difficulity of trust, and other things.

I did it for a year. It ended because we hadn't seen each other in a year. I would consider it again if there was intention of moving to more similar locations without the pressure of having the relationship work out. In my case, we were on opposite coast and when we finish school, we will be both again going to opposite coast. I don't regret it though. I always desire friendship more than anything eles.

I'm glad I found this thread before I though I should post a new thread about having Long Distance Relationship. I agreed that LDR are not for everyone. I am currently on LDR (6 hours apart from each other). At first it was difficult because I preferred to be physical with someone (gotta love cuddling, kissing, and so on). Finally, after visiting each other twice, I am starting to get better at dealing with a LDR. Using the Videophone is a big help, especially because we're becoming tired of using IM or Email. We should try doing snail-mail now and then for a change or surprise, hmmm.

I'm glad I found this thread before I though I should post a new thread about having Long Distance Relationship. I agreed that LDR are not for everyone. I am currently on LDR (6 hours apart from each other). At first it was difficult because I preferred to be physical with someone (gotta love cuddling, kissing, and so on). Finally, after visiting each other twice, I am starting to get better at dealing with a LDR. Using the Videophone is a big help, especially because we're becoming tired of using IM or Email. We should try doing snail-mail now and then for a change or surprise, hmmm.

I'm glad to hear that DayStarNite... :ty: Muwah!

Hey :wave:

Happened to come across to this thread - Thought would like to share my experience and my thought about long distance relationship.

I have been on long-distance relationship before with my ex, it was very difficult at first then later on it become OK. We had some agreement to visit each others every 2-3 months.

That time I was in college and we discussed about what I should do after I graduated from college, I'd move to other state to be with my ex.

Of course, my relationship with my ex went south in later point then we become friends at very good term.

It is all depend on what person would want to do with LDR and I've heard some people would say, LDR normally don't work very well which I can agree with that - sometimes it turns out good, sometimes not.

For me, I'd go for another LDR? I probably would, it is all depend on how the relationship goes.

The most important is in the relationship is: Communication, TRUST, Faith, and loyalty to each others.

I've been in a couple of long distance relationships before, the tough part about LD relationships are the physical distance and the good part about LD relationships that absence can make the heart grow fonder.

I have been there, done that, and never happens again.

Sometimes, LD relationships are worth it... sometimes, they are not. It depends on who you are talkin' to. Be sure that they are not psychos or junkies. No jerks, either. :lol:

Just FYI .....

-copied and pasted from Wikipedia "long distance relationship"-

The benefits of long distance relationships

* Partners in a long distance relationship develop a strong sense of trust.
* Because of the large distance between the partners, they learn to appreciate one another and not take each other for granted.
* The effort that both partners put in to keep in touch, whether over the phone or e-mail can promote a special bond. They may learn more about each other's personality, values, ideas, and dreams than those people who spend time together everyday.
* The couple appreciates - and longs for - the physical intimacy than they share during the time that they are together.​

Helpful tips for a good long distance relationship

1. Pursue common interests.
2. Avoid the temptation to be controlling.
3. Talk about the future.
4. Visit each other often.
5. Avoid jealousy.
6. Be trusting.
7. Create your own set of relationship standards.
8. Agree on activities that you can do together at the same time while you are apart.​

Back