Living with deaf husband

LittleCoconut

Reaction score
Hi all!
I'm Aria and I'm new to this forum.
I'm not deaf, but my husband is. I've made my choice 5 years ago. He is a kinda cheerful guy, smiles a lot despite his peculiarity.
I know ASL not well, but I try my best. Frankly speaking, we often understand each other without any words. I decided to join this community to learn more about deaf people, which communication ways they choose, and to share my own experience. For example, I play the piano and saxophone, and let my husband "feel the music". He likes touching my hands while I'm playing.
I'm glad to be a new member. Nice to meet you all here. Have a wonderful day!

There are a lot of helpful places to learn sign language.

Bill Vicars is a Deaf ASL professor that posts his lectures on Youtube. Start at the beginning videos; I've found that helpful.

ASLpro is another helpful site; especially the fingerspelling quizzes.

Great places to start; hope this helps.

Welcome aboard, and what a lucky man you've graced, women seem to understand men more than men under stand women may you both be blsed :cheers:

There are a lot of helpful places to learn sign language.

Bill Vicars is a Deaf ASL professor that posts his lectures on Youtube. Start at the beginning videos; I've found that helpful.

ASLpro is another helpful site; especially the fingerspelling quizzes.

Great places to start; hope this helps.

Oh, I found Bill Vicars and subscribed to him. I watched one or two of his videos and can say they are very informative!
Haven't heard about ASLpro, will check it later, thank you!

Welcome aboard, and what a lucky man you've graced, women seem to understand men more than men under stand women may you both be blsed :cheers:
Thanks, Old Analog! He also says he is a lucky one :)

Oh, I found Bill Vicars and subscribed to him. I watched one or two of his videos and can say they are very informative!
Haven't heard about ASLpro, will check it later, thank you!

Thanks, Old Analog! He also says he is a lucky one :)
Ask him to come on and tell us a story:io:

Welcome, I came from a musical family. I only play scale on piano. Saxophone and piano? That means you must have long fingers doing the dance. Is it Alto? My hearing hubby is an accomplished saxophonist. He takes my arm or hand pretending he plays saxophone or follow a beat whatever they play. lol On his days, he is a research engineer. On his nights, he plays his saxophone and Blues/Jazz guitar.

Back