Liquid soap or Bar soap

• Liquid soap

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Bar soap

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • I don't bathe

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Well.. I can't vote because I do use both either of liquid and bar soap! :)

Like the WriteAlex says, Dr. Bonners soap is awesome. You can use it for almost anything, it is biodegradeable, organic, fair trade, charitable, smells awesome and no animal testing. It has been around since 1858. The peppermint is my favorite. It comes in both liquid and bar.

Sometimes e coli doesn't come from either.

My mother got it during a hospital stay in an infection on her leg. It was in the blood stream.

could be perforation in her intestine or... my apology for crudeness - she may have crapped in her pants and the feces may have come in contact with open wound in her leg.

I use Dove liquid soap, too. The gel kind I've used before? You lose about half it trying to get it to lather up. Dove is much better.

could be perforation in her intestine or... my apology for crudeness - she may have crapped in her pants and the feces may have come in contact with open wound in her leg.

Actually, the doctor said with was something in her system. No problem with the crudeness, that's an occurrence that happens at times with her these days. Her dementia is not nice to deal with.

When they did the initial blood test after seeing a redness on her leg with no open would, she tested positive for the e coli. She had cellulitis that turned to septicemia. Not pretty or good. Luckily, it never spread further than the lower leg. Didn't even get to the knee.

I currently, use liquid soap various flavors. I do like the Dove soap bar.

well I don't know who said that in tv but I can assure you that warm/hot water is the best way to clean your hand. This is a decades old remedy. As for swine flu - washing hand helps but hand sanitizer works better together because it kills virus. Soap can't. That's why my work installed hand sanitizer units all over.

from CDC site on Swine Flu -

I do use warn water at home , the last time I use tried to use warn water in pubic rest room I almost burned my hand on the hot water , the water was still hot with the cold water on. I do not use the public bathroom a lot , they freak me out! You never know what you will find in them!!

yea oh well - it's disgusting wherever you go. nothing we can do about it. but what really kill you is living a germophobic lifestyle. Your immune system will get to the point where it's too weak to fight against any simple common illness that most people don't get sick from or can recover from it quickly. This is one of the reasons why people develop multiple allergies at later age.

When I lived in Berkeley Ca. I was out walking with my daughter and I saw a little girl picking upome disgusting dirty gum off the sidewalk. I said something to the girl dad thinking he did not see his daugter eating the gum. The father said " On yeah I let my daughter eat gum off the sidewalks to help build up her immune system ." I am thinking WTF!! People stepped on the gum dogs could had pissed on it and the idiot it letting his little girl eat the damg gum.!!
GROSS!!

Actually, the doctor said with was something in her system. No problem with the crudeness, that's an occurrence that happens at times with her these days. Her dementia is not nice to deal with.

When they did the initial blood test after seeing a redness on her leg with no open would, she tested positive for the e coli. She had cellulitis that turned to septicemia. Not pretty or good. Luckily, it never spread further than the lower leg. Didn't even get to the knee.

I'm glad to hear that about her knee. Cellustitis when it's severe is quite painful.

I speak from personal exp as last year I had to be hosiptized for a week and I had to spend another week in Rehab. My right foot was so inflamed that I could not walk on it for four days. Doctor told me that if I had waited a day longer before I got help, it's possible i would have died from it.

When I lived in Berkeley Ca. I was out walking with my daughter and I saw a little girl picking upome disgusting dirty gum off the sidewalk. I said something to the girl dad thinking he did not see his daugter eating the gum. The father said " On yeah I let my daughter eat gum off the sidewalks to help build up her immune system ." I am thinking WTF!! People stepped on the gum dogs could had pissed on it and the idiot it letting his little girl eat the damg gum.!!
GROSS!!

um...... wow....

I'm glad to hear that about her knee. Cellustitis when it's severe is quite painful.

I speak from personal exp as last year I had to be hosiptized for a week and I had to spend another week in Rehab. My right foot was so inflamed that I could not walk on it for four days. Doctor told me that if I had waited a day longer before I got help, it's possible i would have died from it.

Mother ended up with 4 surgeries, three due to the leg infection, then she had a wound vac on it for 2-3 weeks, then a skin graft for the 4th surgery. She was in the hospital for 4 weeks, then the nursing home for rehabilitation for 3 weeks. While at hospital, she was in ICU for 2 of those 4 weeks.

Liquid. I am another of the Dr. Bronner soap lovers.

Last edited:
not true. hot water kills/reduce germs but warm water is fine - according to CDC. Germs do not have a tolerance for higher temperature. That's why boiling water kills germs.

and sperm.

I think the temperature has to be at least 130 degrees. I'll pass.

Back