Lifeprint

Daredevel7

Adrenaline Junky
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know Lifeprint has been mentioned several times on AD, but I didn't realize that they had videos of classes! I was looking for a type of curriculum to teach my gf some ASL (the ASL classes they offer here don't align with her work schedule). I wanted to have some sort of structure to teach her all these words and found these videos:

? ASL ? American Sign Language

They are HILARIOUS to watch!!! I love the "deer in headlights" girl!!! She keeps looking sideways for help "omg what did he say?" and Bill is like "Bup bup bup LOOK AT ME".

I've seen some of those, think they're new cuz I don't remember the site having them before.

They are HILARIOUS to watch!!! I love the "deer in headlights" girl!!! She keeps looking sideways for help "omg what did he say?" and Bill is like "Bup bup bup LOOK AT ME".

Hey, now, be nice to the newbies. I can still remember my first class with a Deaf instructor and the "deer in headlights" feeling. :D

Bill looks like he'd be a lot of fun to have as an instructor.

Hey, now, be nice to the newbies. I can still remember my first class with a Deaf instructor and the "deer in headlights" feeling. :D

Bill looks like he'd be a lot of fun to have as an instructor.

He does! I love him already. There were quite a few people like that in my ASL 2 class because the teacher was deaf. They would look at each other a lot with gigantic eyes.

It's the cutest thing ever.

AWKWARD.gif

But, but, but he doesn't like candy!!!! :eek3:

I'm just joking. :) I got up to lesson 7 so when I read your post I checked that class video out.

He really doesn't like candy! But, he put together an awesome web site.

Hey, I might actually be able to learn ASL, and that would be great!

Thanks for posting the links -- I didn't see it before.

Love Dr. Bill

I have been trying to learn from the lifeprint website for a while now, but i finally decided to make a schedule and stick by it. the videos are new, he only put them up in the past few months. And its so helpful to see what the lessons go through. i'm glad that other people on this site, like that site, cuz i want to learn from a place where they knows what they're talking about, i dont want to get wrong information and offend anyone ya know?

Bill is hilarious! I would love to take his class! I bet you giggle the whole time.

The very first night in my ASL class was really funny. We had a terp, but only for that first night! Our teacher told us that the classroom would be 'voices off' & ASL only after that. Everyone was terrified! I expected the ASL only, but even I was nervous!

It has been just fine though (ok, for me at least! not sure about rest of class). My teacher is a dear, sweet lady, who is used to dealing with ASL-impaired hearies! Mondays and Wednesdays are my favorite days of the week, simply because I have ASL class!
Can't get enough of learning the language. It's really not hard if you are willing to work hard and practice practice practice.

Lifeprint is pretty cool, I've been going through watching the videos all day today. I think I might end up just buying Dr. Bill's "Super Disk" for $20. It has everything on the site on it, including the vids and the fingerspelling app.

I did buy it. It is awesome.
There used to be a link there to download a free iron on tee shirt logo. ASL UNIVERSITY, it is a hoot.
I downloaded the curriculum and stuck by it up to lesson 23.

It has everything on the site on it, including the vids and the fingerspelling app.

The fingerspelling app is next to useless, unfortunately. You really can't learn to read fingerspelling by watching a series of still images played in succession since handshapes are never that clear and distinct in real life.

I did buy it. It is awesome.
There used to be a link there to download a free iron on tee shirt logo. ASL UNIVERSITY, it is a hoot.
I downloaded the curriculum and stuck by it up to lesson 23.

I'm hoping to buy it soon. I keep putting it off. I am doing the lessons online and keep getting interrupted.

well I was feeling like a genius

Q1 = 100%
Q2 = 92% (messed up some of the "brother" vs "sister" ones, also missed some variant of "spell"...??? "parent", and "single (something)")

It's getting late so I guess the others will have to wait.

Really helping me remember my numbers, "Question 53... (some sign, some sign, variant of some sign)"

Last edited:
I really do like the site and the cd. The only problem I have is that we here use TX slang asl and he teaches proper asl. Here they still circle the mouth with an index finger for "who".

I get "corrected" a lot. That is just fine because this is the group I live around. lol

I really do like the site and the cd. The only problem I have is that we here use TX slang asl and he teaches proper asl. Here they still circle the mouth with an index finger for "who".

I get "corrected" a lot. That is just fine because this is the group I live around. lol

Hey! That who sign is still in use here also.

Back