Liar!

Think of all the shoe salespeolpe I keep employeed...... Not to mention the people who make the shoe....and the people that make the fluglebinders..... :lol:

:lol: I should think same for motorcycle salespersons too

20 pairs? Must be a part of the Imelda Marcos shoe collection. All I have is my pair of work boots, cowboy boots, tennis shoes, and pair of sandals for summer swim fun.

:dunno: I would have to count mine. I know I am way over 20. I have 7 or 8 just for golf. 4 or 5 for softball

Wow, kokonut, you got too many shoes - spoiled.

I only have 2 pair of shoes and one pair of flip flops.

Currently there is NO energy source that can replace oil completely in what it can do for us. I didn't say it was irreplaceable. You said that, not me.
The bolded part is absolute contradiction. There is nothing that can replace oil, but it is not irreplaceable? :hmm: And I said it, but not you???:eek3:

Wow, kokonut, you got too many shoes - spoiled.

I only have 2 pair of shoes and one pair of flip flops.

Yeah, I suppose buying a pair of walking shoes for $10 some three years ago, a pair of sandals for $8 bucks, pair of work boots that paid for itself in my last forest fire fighting gig three years ago. I'm sure that makes me for a spoiled person. And my pair of cowboy boots? I liked wearing 'em. And you have a problem with the number of foot wear I have? Wow.

Get real Foxrac.

If you have any personal issues or angsts against me, try not to show them in here next time. It makes you look petty.

I got more shoes than Koko and you combined.

Yeah, according to some people around here in these parts, you're spoiled for having too many shoes which is amazing to me for them to even suggest that. I have two more pairs of dress shoes but they're quite old and gets used only rarely so I don't really count them as part of my daily footwear which is really three pairs of footwear I have.

I think the Amish society is fascinating in how they work and grow their own food, and to live without any electricity. I love growing my own food and had a garden full of Roma tomatos, red chili peppers, green peppers, corn, cantalopes, carrots, grapes, blackberries, apricot, and nectarine back in New Mexico.

Judging by amount of time and effort you put in AD and Bamahate... I seriously doubt you had some spare time for some gardening. Now there.... don't steal credit from your wife! naughty naughty! :lol:

The bolded part is absolute contradiction. There is nothing that can replace oil, but it is not irreplaceable? :hmm: And I said it, but not you???:eek3:

I said "currently" to make myself clear which leaves open of what the future may hold for us that may replace oil completely.

Not spoiled here.....I worked hard for the money to buy mine.

Don't mind him. If you worked hard for the money then no one has the right to complain that you're a spoiled person for having too many shoes. Shoes are cheap considering other things we buy for ourselves.

Yeah, according to some people around here in these parts, you're spoiled for having too many shoes which is amazing to me for them to even suggest that. I have two more pairs of dress shoes but they're quite old and gets used only rarely so I don't really count them as part of my daily footwear which is really three pairs of footwear I have.

Ah... I suppose I have to clarify my statement for you about shoes. I failed to take into account that you're not a suburb/city person.

In large metro area and the suburbs where people are well off.... they are trivial and frivolous. It's ok to have 10 or even 20 pairs of shoes for specific function. You have dress shoes, cowboy boots, work boots, flip flops, etc. Many people own several pairs for same function for fashionable purpose and they own many things and used it only 1-2x in their life. but hey - that's just my opinion as a commoner :lol:

It is ok to indulge yourself with luxury as long as you do your deed for community. Example? massive donation. using your influence/status/etc. for good. community service.

Amazing how a few barrels of chemicals can make green grass in the desert.

amazing? yes. so amazing that we can turn a desert into paradise. unfortunately - in the long run, it damages environment.

There is NO single energy source that can replace oil completely. NONE! The answer is to continue our drilling, move away from foreign sources of oil from unstable and unfriendly countries, increase our domestic oil drilling and rely totally on our own oil, and at the same time work on solutions to reduce oil consumption while moving toward more "greener" and sustainable sources of energy. This will take decades to do. It is not an over night solution. Oil is the lifeblood of our economy. Every single facet of our successful economy stems from our use of oil. Technology continues to improve and we learn from each accident. Did the shipping of oil stopped after the Exxon Valdez? No. Technology sought to improve ship design and making it mandatory for double hulled ships and other improvements. The same for oil drilling, it won't stop. And we'll learn from the BP accident as well.

Currently there is NO energy source that can replace oil completely in what it can do for us. I didn't say it was irreplaceable. You said that, not me.

I said "currently" to make myself clear which leaves open of what the future may hold for us that may replace oil completely.

Got it. Nothing exists yet to replace it, but it is not irreplaceable. :hmm:
The "no drill zone" map you posted...notice how they ban oil drilling along most of our coastlines, but not everyone else's?

That is because you cannot fathom someone looking out for Mother Earth instead of being self-centered. We are out there.

**raising my hand** Some have courage of their convictions, some do not. Oh, well. It appears that inability to have courage of conviction is a character flaw.

Did people 500 years ago depend on oil for anything?

Did people 500 years ago depend on oil for anything?

well - let's compare the difference between non-oil era and oil era. it's a significant gap. example? well-developed nations vs. Africa

Luxury to a minimum? Exactly what is your "luxury"? Perhaps its more like you cannot afford these "luxuries" that are helping you keep such things to a "minimum" but first we need to define what you mean by "luxury."

Wow! Just because you are so self centered as to be unable to see things from a wider perspective doesn't mean everyone is. Some people are capable of taking an ethical stance based on the collective and have the courage to live by it.

Back