Liar!

kokonut

Reaction score
Either that or he's completely clueless on this whole oil drilling business.

"No matter how much we improve our regulation of the industry, drilling for oil these days entails greater risk," Obama said. "After all, oil is a finite resource. We consume more than 20 percent of the world's oil, but have less than 2 percent of the world's oil reserves. And that's part of the reason oil companies are drilling a mile beneath the surface of the ocean - because we're running out of places to drill on land and in shallow water."
Obama asks deepwater drilling commission to work 'as quickly as possible' | NOLA.com

BS! What a friggin lie! There's Federal moratorium on what areas are allowed for offshore oil drilling. Look below. See the red color borders? Those areas are off-limits for offshore oil drilling

2d7vb6e

Over the past 30 years,

Democrats have blocked the development of new sources of petroleum.
Democrats have blocked drilling in ANWR (Arctic National Wildlife Refuge)
Democrats have blocked drilling off the coast of Florida.
Democrats have blocked drilling off of the east coast.
Democrats have blocked drilling off of the west coast.
Democrats have blocked drilling off the Alaskan coast.
Democrats have blocked building oil refineries.

Running out of places to drill?

Only a complete moron would say this.

Don't forget Brazil's monster oil find. And if Obama doesn't lift the 6 month moratorium on offshore drilling, those floating rigs simply won't sit out there until the 6 month ban is lifted and lose potential billions of dollars in the process. They'll simply move the rig to Brazil and create thousand of jobs over there over their recent monster oil find for Petrobas.

THE ASTUTE BLOGGERS: OFF-SHORE OIL-DRILLING, OBAMA, SOROS, PETROBRAS: CONNECTING THE DOTS

:hmm:

How's that hopey change working out for ya?

Send him an email. I'm sure he would be interested in your expertise.

Have some courage behind your convictions. All this moaning, bitching, and name calling doesn't serve any purpose other than to feed your ego. Disagree with the policies, do something to change them.

looking at what happened here where the oil companies skimp on safety measures and "bribing" the officials... I'm glad it's no no no.

those places in red are no-drill zones precisely to prevent the type of environmental damage we are currently experiencing along the gulf coast right now.

the solution is NOT new drilling. it is finding alternative and renewable energy resources - 30 years ago - before it was too late!

those places in red are no-drill zones precisely to prevent the type of environmental damage we are currently experiencing along the gulf coast right now.

the solution is NOT new drilling. it is finding alternative and renewable energy resources - 30 years ago - before it was too late!

Agreed. But you will never convince out resident Obama hater!:giggle:

There is NO single energy source that can replace oil completely. NONE!
The answer is to continue our drilling, move away from foreign sources of oil from unstable and unfriendly countries, increase our domestic oil drilling and rely totally on our own oil, and at the same time work on solutions to reduce oil consumption while moving toward more "greener" and sustainable sources of energy. This will take decades to do. It is not an over night solution. Oil is the lifeblood of our economy. Every single facet of our successful economy stems from our use of oil. Technology continues to improve and we learn from each accident. Did the shipping of oil stopped after the Exxon Valdez? No. Technology sought to improve ship design and making it mandatory for double hulled ships and other improvements. The same for oil drilling, it won't stop. And we'll learn from the BP accident as well.

There is no getting around the fact that oil and other minerals will be harder and harder to obtain as we deplete the sources we have found.

Let kokonut to be angry whatever he wants and I have no sorry for him.

I agree with Jiro above.

There is no getting around the fact that oil and other minerals will be harder and harder to obtain as we deplete the sources we have found.

There are plenty oil. We've just barely begun to cover the tip of the iceberg in terms of accessing and exploiting conventional and unconventional sources of oil.

Quite true. I always look with scepticism at those who claim to be "scientists" that appear to believe there is an unlimited supply available.

There are plenty oil. We've just barely begun to cover the tip of the iceberg in terms of accessing and exploiting conventional and unconventional sources of oil.

plenty of oil yes but not enough pristine environment. there's no point in continuing to live in Earth if our environment is ruined due to oil. I certainly don't want to live off on artificial food or breath thru gas mask or see fake trees in our national park for aesthetic purpose.

plenty of oil yes but not enough pristine environment. there's no point in continuing to live in Earth if our environment is ruined due to oil. I certainly don't want to live off on artificial food or breath thru gas mask or see fake trees in our national park for aesthetic purpose.

Doesn't it puzzle you that someone with a scientific background apparently cannot discern the connectedness of other variables that impact the supply?

So? Most energy from oil produces pollutants. We need to find clean alternatives to oil.

So? Most energy from oil produces pollutants. We need to find clean alternatives to oil.

I agree. Why continue to buy oil from unstable and unfriendly countries that could impact easily our national security when 70% of our oil comes from abroad? I say use our own domestic oil completely and independently which will help address the national security concern when we are using 100% of our own oil and gas. Once we strive for that we can continue to find cleaner alternatives. This is a long term prospect here. 10 or 20 years is a pipe dream. It's going to take awhile.

I agree. Why continue to buy oil from unstable and unfriendly countries that could impact easily our national security when 70% of our oil comes from abroad? I say use our own domestic oil completely and independently which will help address the national security concern when we are using 100% of our own oil and gas. Once we strive for that we can continue to find cleaner alternatives. This is a long term prospect here. 10 or 20 years is a pipe dream. It's going to take awhile.

so I suppose you're ok with sacrificing our pristine environment where it's the source of income for hundreds of thousands of Americans? Now it's gone. Thousands of Americans are out of jobs. Now we've gotta rely on other countries to feed us. :(

Majority of our imported oil is from friendly countries... our allied nations. :wave: to our Canadians brethren

I wouldn't want to allow until congress tighten the regulation for oil drilling, if not then stuck with import oil or seeking alternative energy.

Oil is the only reason why we are able to sustain a population of 7 billion. We didn't hit the first billion until the early 1800s. I was born in 1983, we had a population of 4 billion at the time. We will be hitting the 7th as of next year.

Once the oil is depleted of, the mass population will go with it. Then Earth will be able to sustain a population of 500 million, maximum. We didn't have that many people before we discovered oil.

That's why we are trying to find alternative options rather than relying on oil for everything before it's too late. So no, I wouldn't say drilling for more oil is the solution. Instead, restricting oil drilling will force people to find alternative sources of energy.

To believe that we will find alternative sources of energy by allowing more oil drilling... we are being delusional. It'll just encourage people to suck more energy out of Earth. They will be doing nothing to prevent a catastrophic event from occurring.

History just keeps repeating itself.

Once the oil is depleted, it is going to be a catastrophic event beyond one's imagination.

Oil is the only reason why we are able to sustain a population of 7 billion. We didn't hit the first billion until the early 1800s. I was born in 1983, we had a population of 4 billion at the time. We will be hitting the 7th as of next year.

Once the oil is depleted of, the mass population will go with it. Then Earth will be able to sustain a population of 500 million, maximum. We didn't have that many people before we discovered oil.

That's why we are trying to find alternative options rather than relying on oil for everything before it's too late. So no, I wouldn't say drilling for more oil is the solution. Instead, restricting oil drilling will force people to find alternative sources of energy.

To believe that we will find alternative sources of energy by allowing more oil drilling... we are being delusional. It'll just encourage people to suck more energy out of Earth. They will be doing nothing to prevent a catastrophic event from occurring.

History just keeps repeating itself.

Once the oil is depleted, it is going to be a catastrophic event beyond one's imagination.

:gpost:

I wouldn't want to allow until congress tighten the regulation for oil drilling, if not then stuck with import oil or seeking alternative energy.

I said: "Technology continues to improve and we learn from each accident."

I said: "Technology continues to improve and we learn from each accident."

No, it isn't because oil companies don't want tighten the regulation.

No to oil drilling for now, sorry.

Back