Lexington school for Deaf.

Vorsia

Reaction score
The other day Friday took my daughter to a historical poetry signing Deaf event sponsored by a VP company anyhow .we loved it even met a Deaf-Blind person like myself .one thing I have noticed my friend always introduced me as HOH not a problem she seem to want to be more Deaf telling me to stop talking about music .and other things I like .I feel I can be in all the world's as long as I respect all cultures I'm that's who I am people still sign with me ,my daughter was so happy .alll you have to do is respect Deaf culture and stay true to yourself that's what matters the most .I found that even though I have a hard time my recent hearing loss more loss to profound .I feel I'm finding where I belong my hearing aids help Hear sounds like my kids yell my name . if people talk louder the thing is its embarrassing and people funny yelling at you .like at the Dr office social worker got frustrated with me after repeatedly saying the same thing to over and over .but at the the poetry I really felt like I belonged even though I was confused by the interchangeable name sometime I'm hard of hearing and sometimes call my Blind Deaf.

:wave: Vorsia I'm glad you had a good time!I can relate to the idea of different "labels"/ and different identities that are affected partly by where you are/or which group you're with. I find myself also gliding between worlds....even before I was hoh....

:wave: Vorsia I'm glad you had a good time!I can relate to the idea of different "labels"/ and different identities that are affected partly by where you are/or which group you're with. I find myself also gliding between worlds....even before I was hoh....

Oh yeah it sure has to do with the crowd ..

But it okay as we have good food and just chat about life and stuff kids .

Back