LCD Monitor Repairable?

Josh B

Reaction score
I just wonder if my 5 years old 22" Acer LCD can be fixing. Just power failure and LED green-orange flashing. My question: is it fixing, No or Yes? :hmm:

My grandfather already bought me new 24" AOC LCD today, I am really happy with it. Gotta love Pawpaw!!! :D:ily:

I just wonder if my 5 years old 22" Acer LCD can be fixing. Just power failure and LED green-orange flashing. My question: is it fixing, No or Yes? :hmm:

My grandfather already bought me new 24" AOC LCD today, I am really happy with it. Gotta love Pawpaw!!! :D:ily:

Whoa. My LCD 19" Princeton and it still works great for over 10 years and still strong.

Try another computer or try change another DVI /VGA cable. Green-orange more like lost connection?

Whoa. My LCD 19" Princeton and it still works great for over 10 years and still strong.

Try another computer or try change another DVI /VGA cable. Green-orange more like lost connection?

Tried that one on my mom old PC with VGA cable yesterday, and no luck.

Maybe power supply failure or cap blew up inside LCD?

Tried that one on my mom old PC with VGA cable yesterday, and no luck.

Maybe power supply failure or cap blew up inside LCD?

The blown capacitor is most common. So You need digital multimeter and soldering.

I suggest you don't do it as you are not electrical engineering skills.

just chuck it.

The blown capacitor is most common. So You need digital multimeter and soldering.

I suggest you don't do it as you are not electrical engineering skills.

Good suggest. :lol:

No worries, I already got a new LCD monitor. :cool2:

Check your local electronic repair service for repair costs. If it is too much, send it to electronic recycling center for raw materials.

It's better to have new LCD with latest technology such as HDMI port.

They are getting cheaper all the time. No reason not to get a new one.

Back