"Lazy" way to get free money?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Let's say that a person buy a figurine at flea market for $5. The person decides to drop it off to be auctioned off. In auction, it fetched $75 so the person ends up with $55 after auction fees.

See, the person does nothing. No need to advertise it. No need to take pictures or to box it up for shipping.

The person made some easy buck doing nothing. I ask as I get people jealous because I make some bucks the "lazy" way. Does that happen to any of you?

Wirelessly posted

I usually see the opposit. I see people buying junk by the boxful at auctions and separating the items in the boxes. Then they sell them at flea markets or yardsales. :dunno:

Wirelessly posted

I usually see the opposit. I see people buying junk by the boxful at auctions and separating the items in the boxes. Then they sell them at flea markets or yardsales. :dunno:

Yes, I have done the same. I have bought boxes/lots/packages at auctions and breaking up. True, at flea market, a person will probably have to reserve a table, price items, and box/unbox items repeatedly if it does not sell. It also takes time to sit at table and waiting for customers.

Yeah, that is easy money, but not as easy as just dropping them off to be auctioned off and watch the price take off.

Wirelessly posted

dereksbicycles said:
Let's say that a person buy a figurine at flea market for $5. The person decides to drop it off to be auctioned off. In auction, it fetched $75 so the person ends up with $55 after auction fees.

See, the person does nothing. No need to advertise it. No need to take pictures or to box it up for shipping.

The person made some easy buck doing nothing. I ask as I get people jealous because I make some bucks the "lazy" way. Does that happen to any of you?

I don't see it as "lazy" way. People work hard to put together an auction. People have go out and hunt for these items to auctions.

I can expand on "lazy" but that will derail this thread.

I had seen few people do sell abc cards OR try to collect $$ in a weird way.. but anyway I don't do that but do whatever makes you happy :)

knowing whats a bargain or not, isn't lazy work, it really is work, or work of culture..there no two ways about it. you still have to learn. and learning isnt a lazy thing to do, it requires attention and judgement. too bad some people get ticked off, its because really they're jealous as they wish they had a clue but they don't.

This is not "lazy," this is work.

Only Comrade Lenin would say this is "lazy."

Back in late December, I bought a bike for $3.99 at a thrift store. I tried to put it on E Bay for $9.99. No one wanted it. I let it rot outside. The chain got very rusted out. I dropped it off to be auctioned off. It fetched $46 yestersday. I got about $29 after auction fees. I also found something else at one thrift store for $15. I bought it and dropped it off to be auctioned off. It sold for $210. I get about $152 in my pocket after auction fees. It's such a GREAT feeling to earn money the "lazy" way :). March is off to a great start hearing of how much profits I make doing essentially nothing. Happy Friday!!!

If other people don't want to spend time with me, then I don't have to spend money on them. I can continue to invest and earn money the "lazy" way while others can work hard for their money.

only people who lazy are them who claim benifit screwing system..otherwise making money from auctions is not easy got know bargin and that takes experince and bit of luck good on you

The word, "lazy" should be replaced with "smart".

What is the difference between what you did and what 99% of all businesses do? You paid someone to work for you.

No the person that sold the figurine for $5.00 was lazy for not finding what is really was worth. When I was having a yard sale in Calif. and an open house to sell my house a guy came into my house and saw some of my photos he wanted to buy. I told him they where not for sale and he asked if they where what would I want for them . I told him the price and he said
" you know what you have" The guy was hoping the photos where for sale and that I had no idea what they where worth. That guy did his homework
he was the only person that knew my photos where an inventment. Now that guy was not lazy ,but he tried to con the wrong person.

My mom did! Brought for 10 bucks from eBay then re-sell to earn $2 profit. :D

The word, "lazy" should be replaced with "smart".

no, wrong meaning, look in the dictionary, it is a mismatch.
Chances are, people who gonna try substitue the meanings are trying to justify they position of exploitation

no, wrong meaning, look in the dictionary, it is a mismatch.
Chances are, people who gonna try substitue the meanings are trying to justify they position of exploitation

Ok, Grum, maybe take Capitalism 101????

Back