late deafened and new here

gaiagardener

Reaction score
hi everyone! I have been slowly losing my hearing for over 30yrs and now have profound hearing loss. I wear a BAHA (bone anchored hearing aid) on one side and am fully deaf on the other side. I live in Canada and I’m trying to learn ASL but it’s a challenge learning a new language later in life.

Old Analog

Reaction score
We've had 3 or 4 here from Canada over last couple, several years? Prince Edward, Montréal, may be Vancouver? Most were young if I remember correctly, with all the school closings there are some good YouTube teachers now, my new favorite is Tammy Carpinter, if I spelt that correctly, depends where your at on your journey, lost track of her back couple years, now she's back better than before :applause:

gaiagardener

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip! I think I watched her videos in the past, One Fact ASL is her current youtube channel I think. I watch some of the Bill Vicars and ASL Meredith videos too.

Old Analog

Reaction score
Correct ,one fact, and Meredith in my list, Florida School for Deaf and Blind, kinda advanced has one guy great for mouth meams, I used to love the stories from was it Dalis Resource Center now Texas school for Deaf, so many, liked the one in Colorado what was it ? maybe Denver school for Deaf there stories were more k-3 where as Tex. was more - 5 or 6, the Decoda school was more SEE sign exact english, but has great songs and was it geography? Before I had so many I had them cataloged, guess I'll have to do again :lol:

Bulllz60

Reaction score
Correct ,one fact, and Meredith in my list, Florida School for Deaf and Blind, kinda advanced has one guy great for mouth meams, I used to love the stories from was it Dalis Resource Center now Texas school for Deaf, so many, liked the one in Colorado what was it ? maybe Denver school for Deaf there stories were more k-3 where as Tex. was more - 5 or 6, the Decoda school was more SEE sign exact english, but has great songs and was it geography? Before I had so many I had them cataloged, guess I'll have to do again :lol:
Hello I want let you know that I was graduated from fsdb class of 1987 my name is Todd it nice to meet you