Last Movie You Watched?

That's what they mean, when they describes films as "thought provoking" but i havent seen for the last 10 years that it has been overused, simply becauase they 'exploited' that describing only for marketing purposes, not for the real reason that's a film IS thought provoking. So, im saying beware !, I get leery when read this on backcover of the dvd blurb's.film's description.
Lasty, You would *knw8 if it is overused, in an instance when you are reading a backcover, simply by knowing the genre, that is ; a repeated use of this 'genre mixing which has been a hit 2 years ago, then 'they do it again' that's there is a tell-tale sign, that it is NOT thought-provoking...

just me 2 cents

Coraline, a creepy but cool cartoon with a really good message. Don't know if it's CC or not.

That's what they mean, when they describes films as "thought provoking" but i havent seen for the last 10 years that it has been overused, simply becauase they 'exploited' that describing only for marketing purposes, not for the real reason that's a film IS thought provoking. So, im saying beware !, I get leery when read this on backcover of the dvd blurb's.film's description.
Lasty, You would *knw8 if it is overused, in an instance when you are reading a backcover, simply by knowing the genre, that is ; a repeated use of this 'genre mixing which has been a hit 2 years ago, then 'they do it again' that's there is a tell-tale sign, that it is NOT thought-provoking...

just me 2 cents

I agree. Once a new perspective is done successfully, there are "clones" for years to come. Copies of the original idea, but not as well done usually. :| Cheaper than paying top dollar for good writers or copyright payments to authors of great books that would make good films, I guess. Beat an idea into the ground... :(

Watched Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta in "Mad City" (1997) last night. Worth a watch, IMO. Other films have also dealt with the subject matter of the news media "making" news and going more for entertainment and less for new reporting w/integrity and truth. But this one was still watchable. :P

I think the last movie I watched was the "Shining". Y'know, with the creepy twin girls and Jack Nicholson going crazier and crazier? Heheh..it's actually one of my favorites even though it never fails to freak me out every time.. XD

Wirelessly posted

Just watched "Larry Crowne" (2011) w/ Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts. :popcorn: Thumbs up! Good one! ;)

Watched a sad soap opera type dud (IMO) last night, " Fireflies in the Garden." Somehow expected better because of some of the actors. Oh, well, on to the next movie! :P

Might be the start of summer, but I like to watch a rendition of The Nutcracker performed by Pacific Northwest Ballet. I know this won't be surprising to those that know me. :thumb:

^^ yeah right

now
im watching "Fastest" a feature-length docu on motorcycle racing at its finest, excellent viewing! had so much pleasure since I used to race when i was young.

We watched a "double feature" of movies last night: :popcorn: The remake of "Born Yesterday" with Melanie Griffith, John Goodman & Don Johnson and the remake of "Walking Tall" with The Rock. Both predictable, of course, but enjoyable anyway.

sometimes im in a mood for enjoyable predictable film as long as its a well made one

That must have been Goodman's best.

We watched a "double feature" of movies last night: :popcorn: The remake of "Born Yesterday" with Melanie Griffith, John Goodman & Don Johnson and the remake of "Walking Tall" with The Rock. Both predictable, of course, but enjoyable anyway.
Maybe 5-8 years ago AMC or Turner classics was playing the originals and remakes. Often times the originals seem better. I thought the remake Born Yesterday was actually better.
"Of Mice and Men" the original (1937 or 1939) had better scenery but didn't follow the book as close.
I don't think I have watched a full length movie in at least a year. No desire or time to.

I agree that sometimes the remakes just aren't up to the original. As for these two movies, haven't seen the originals recently enough to be able to compare, though. I have been surprised a few times, but not many, that remakes stand up to the original in impact. Could be a technology thing, though, with some movies, too. Old movies with the clunky big cell phones, computers, etc., are hard to get into because of it, for example. Also, sequels that go on & on, getting worse with each one, are often a disappointment. :P

Back