Last Movie You Watched?

Good action flick: "Stealth" (2005) w/ Josh Lucas, Jessica Biel, Jamie Foxx, Sam Shepherd. Bummer that the "making of" had subtitles in about 5 languages, but *NONE* in English. :roll: The movie was captioned in English, though. It's irritating to me that special features aren't often captioned. :mad:

Tresure Planet - not bad not bad, fun, mix kind of imaginative. ok there some obvious take offs from Star Wars Chpt 1, etc but its still a great appeal...some dont like it (reviews) but i dont buy it, this is a great film good voice acting, good graphics, good story, over all its a great film just its one of those underrated one which is really a great one.

Last night we watched a very predictable bit of fluff romantic comedy called "View from the Top" (2003) w/ Gwyneth Paltrow, Candice Bergen, Mike Meyers (hilarious! :laugh2:) and Mark Ruffalo. :P

Wirelessly posted

Tonight, courtesy of our library, was "Hide and Seek." (2005) Robert DeNiro and Dakota Fanning. Spooky!

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0382077/

No one else seeing/watching any movies? :lol:

Watched "Our Idiot Brother" (2011) last night. I thought when it started out it would be just too stupid humor, you know? But it was instead funny as well as heart warming. Not original thinking, but just a fun sweet movie about how our perspectives color our lives. And because I love happy endings. ;)

The last few movies I watched was...

- Journey to the Center of Earth (2008)
- A Thousand Words
- In Time
- Chronicle
- Jack and Jill
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes
- Bunraku
- The Human Centipede 2
- Paranormal Activity 3
- Super 8
- The Hangover 2

We attended The Amazing Spiderman on the 4th of July.

Tonight Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen on FX.

"The Ides of March" (2011) directed by George Clooney, starring Ryan Gosling, George Clooney, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti. Very sad realistic drama about politics and the selling out of one's integrity that happens. Well done and well acted, IMO. :)

Have any of you watched "21 Jump Street"? Someone told me it is super funny. Just wondering if the CC is any good and if it really is funny!!!

Have any of you watched "21 Jump Street"? Someone told me it is super funny. Just wondering if the CC is any good and if it really is funny!!!

I don't remember if it was funny - I certainly don't think the humor was intended. I used to watch it all the time growing up. Richard Greco and Johnny Depp were the break out stars from the show. Cops pretending to be high school students to stop crime. For funny TV shows, my all time favorite was and always will be "The Mary Tyler Moore Show." I also loved "The Golden Girls." Although it was hard to get used to seeing Betty White as Rose Nyland after watching her on the Mary Tyler Moore show as the sex fiend, Sue Ann Nivens. :D

I am talking about the movie with Jonah Hill and Tatum Channing. It was made as a comedy and what I have heard sounds funny. Sometimes watching it with only CC can take some of the humor out of it though.

21 Jump Street (2012) - IMDb

I guess it's a good film by the standards of folks in your age group. Personally, I preferred the original TV series....can't say I care for updates or remakes of favorite shows or movies.

21 Jump Street (2012) - IMDb

I guess it's a good film by the standards of folks in your age group. Personally, I preferred the original TV series....can't say I care for updates or remakes of favorite shows or movies.

My "age group"???? I didn't know comedy was based on a certain "age group" whatever your trying to imply!!! I think it depends on your sense of humor and what your mood may be at the time your watching.:hmm:

My "age group"???? I didn't know comedy was based on a certain "age group" whatever your trying to imply!!! I think it depends on your sense of humor and what your mood may be at the time your watching.:hmm:

I don't know - I think it's an age thing myself. I was born in '67 and got to see the Karate Kid remade, now 21 Jump Street - are they going to remake all of Corey Haims's films now too? I think you got to be a certain age for these remakes to appeal. I grew up watching Johnny Depp and Richard Greco in the Jump Street so to see them trying and reinvent the show - it's sad......to each his own I guess.....

FYI you are in my "age group":cool2: All I was asking is if the CC took away some of the humor.

My, my! :D Well, to answer your question, CC does take away some of the humor if it's done poorly - which is often judging by television. I prefer to use the subtitles on DVDs since I find them more accurate and they do a better job. I'm sure the DVD for the movie you were asking about will have that option, as most do, so you're not out of luck....Have fun watching Angel....

My, my! :D Well, to answer your question, CC does take away some of the humor if it's done poorly - which is often judging by television. I prefer to use the subtitles on DVDs since I find them more accurate and they do a better job. I'm sure the DVD for the movie you were asking about will have that option, as most do, so you're not out of luck....Have fun watching Angel....

Well we watched the movie and I have to say, it was pretty bad:-( I didn't know about using subtitles instead of CC. I will try that the next time. Thanks

The Flowers of War, great movie! not for minors though - quite brutal war violence, not even glamorous type violence great acting too, many good things about this film

Back