Last Movie You Watched?

^^^ LOL
Safehouse , not too bad, grab it
also subs are a plenty! to boot hee hee

An "oldie:" National Lampoon's "Vegas Vacation." A freebie dvd from our library, with CC.

Battleship. Great fun. :D

TCS and I loved the action and all the Navy stuff, inaccuracies and all. :lol:

Added bonus for our family was the double amputee character. My SIL, a recent amputee, really related to that, and enjoyed the "leg" humor.

TCS related to the "old salts" on the battleship crew.

Fun touches are the visual references to the Battleship Game, such as the grids and the alien's missiles that look like game pegs.

We stayed thru all the credits to watch the "extra" clip at the end. I won't give a spoiler. ;)

Saw two movies: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo....excellent acting, twisty plot, and good suspense. Not what I thought it would be. If you like suspenseful movies, this is good. Not recommended for anyone under 18, though, as there is a lot of sex, nudity, and violence.

Other one was Mission Impossible; Ghost Protocol. Great action film for everyone. If you liked the previous 2 MI movies, you will like this one.

Ironsky, it rocks!!!!
Ironsky is the best cult sci-fi in years...not for everyone and certainly not for political prudes...

Watched "Forrest Gump" again. Love it every time. :yesway: And we watched a freebie from the library, kind of light fluffy comedy stuff, but o.k. Nothing very original in the plot, though: "Uptown Girls." Shrug. :2c: At least it was free, LOL! :D Tonight we plan to watch "To Be or Not to Be" (1984 version) w/ Mel Brooks & Anne Bancroft.

We watched Sunshine last night. Tonight, it's White Noise, which I haven't seen before, and we're watching it right before bed... hello nightmares. :\

I watched Premetheus today.

Ridley Scott says it isn't really related to Aliens. Sure... ;o)

Overall it was a great film, not original, if you seen Alien you'll see what I mean.

Wirelessly posted

Woman in Black. It was OK. Was not as scary as everyone made it out to be.

Hong Kong flick: Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame....

Wirelessly posted

"Another Earth" (2011). Drama. Oddly, also scifi-ish yet also philosphical. "Brain food" for further contemplation & "what if" thoughts. :P

grayeagle i like your taste in films yes another earth is a sure different i like it, its kind of akin to a 'what if type film, by placing two distinct elements of the plot, 'an un forgivable accident' and a freak occurance of the parrallel universe's happening to breach laws of quantum mechanics.
That a parrallel universe had ruffled a kink then placed an a similar planet juxtaposed and what would be consequences of this, how would they react?? in that sense i think film attempted to answer these question in a admicale manner for that using the back story of the losses and pain caused by manslaughter, the haunting will it go away? this is another deeper question? indeed philosophical.

So..in my opinion, 'Another Earth' is a rare gem, and it will bound to be for years to come.

I like films that make me wonder and think further... :P

Also watched a documentary "Life After People" (2008) and it was interesting, too. About how long it takes for all trace of human species to disappear if for some reason the human species disappeared all at once...

Back