Know about Sorenson

My last recollection is there are about 500K that know ASL but I have forgotten how/what data was used to arrive at that number....

I think the figure was from Gally and koko kept mentioning about it.

Yes, I seen that mentioned in 1974.

What I am trying to say is that if 500K really knows sign language, they are already qualified to get VP and use VRS, I would understand if Sorenson has about 250K Deaf customers and that would be conservative expectation, but in reality, there are ONLY 120K that Sorenson has. This shows there is lack of awareness about VRS program by more than half Deaf community that knows ASL.

So having FCC cut down the cost, cut the outreach programs about VRS and other relay products. There are also relay service available for those who don't know sign language, like IPrelay, Captioncall, etc but they weren't advertising heavily enough to spread out the word of available access accommodations.

Jiro, you should be ashamed of yourself, those with hearing loss that don't know sign language DO use relay service and the current number of captioncall is unknown to me but its still small. You are making yourself sounded like nobody deserves to have a equal access to telecommunication technology!

My last recollection is there are about 500K that know ASL but I have forgotten how/what data was used to arrive at that number....

Yes, I seen that mentioned in 1974.

What I am trying to say is that if 500K really knows sign language, they are already qualified to get VP and use VRS, I would understand if Sorenson has about 250K Deaf customers and that would be conservative expectation, but in reality, there are ONLY 120K that Sorenson has. This shows there is lack of awareness about VRS program by more than half Deaf community that knows ASL.
maybe because...... other deafies are using different services like Purple, ZVRS, etc? duh?

So having FCC cut down the cost, cut the outreach programs about VRS and other relay products. There are also relay service available for those who don't know sign language, like IPrelay, Captioncall, etc but they weren't advertising heavily enough to spread out the word of available access accommodations.

Jiro, you should be ashamed of yourself, those with hearing loss that don't know sign language DO use relay service and the current number of captioncall is unknown to me but its still small. You are making yourself sounded like nobody deserves to have a equal access to telecommunication technology!

huh? how in the god's name did you come up with that????? LOL! wow you surely are something, aren't ya? what a feeble attempt of backpedalling by making a wild baseless accusation. you know it's against the rules, right?

YOU and I were talking about VRS..... not IP Relay or CaptionCall or anything else.. we were specifically talking about Sorenson and you were wondering why so few people are using Sorenson.

I simply explained to you that majority of deafies are late-deaf older adults aka "Hard-of-Hearing" and they most likely can hear thru telephone with just hearing aids.

Please cease this childish farce. You simply misunderstood my posts. No harm done but you're causing further embarrassment of yourself. MOVE ON

VP-200 still work with ZVRS but not NTC with ZVRS.
operatibility problems.
some of my friends switched to Sorenson.

I have tried most of VRS owned equipment, and I still prefer VP-200, or even better VP-100! Its due to video quality. ASL is a visual language, so video quality should be at highest priority.

diehardbiker; it is interesting and you proud to work for Sorenson in the past. Again, they have done everything for the Deaf Community? I have to disagree with this because they did not clip the bad apple or enough to empower to those customer to use their service.

I felt somewhat discrimination from Sorenson that does not give person a opportunity for job. Don't get me wrong, it not just real number or the fancy Gold Service. Sorenson does not give the Deaf community empower for their service that hearing people already access the phone system.

Again, the ideal about their product and what their promise become useless. In the back day, we were promised by them that will innovate the new service or feature but look at those.. its theirs... not ours...

again, don't say because the people didn't not sent the vrscomments@sorenson.com enough, but they knew that communicate between to fit their lifestyle. I didn't input front customer instead they put themselves to make money. Course, business is business, but why can't they simple made the different into great cause for Deaf community to have advantage to search or use technology while the ruin infamous Viable VRS starts.

Look at the other VRS provide and compare... zip about the video quality for moment because the video quality isn't going get them job open or ringing their phone. It just going straight rang the SVRS instead the customer videophone.

I think its time for SVRS to go once Sorenson VRS have amazing provision and positive pace is gone and it never the same.

Back