Knitters Corner

Oh, thanks! That second series is much more understandable.

I have some pillowcases that were embroidered by my grandmother (mother's mom, not the Italian one) back in the 1940's and early '50's. We used them consistently when we were children, so the cases themselves show some wear. I don't use them now, and would like to frame them or do something creative with them, because it's very lovely embroidery work.

My final tally of knit and crocheted things for the holidays:

2 scarf/hat combos, one large, one small, for a mom and her daughter
2 hats for friends
2 scarves in luxury yarns for my two sisters (one in "Feza Alp Premier" and one in two different Ellyn Cooper yarns, "Luna" and "Sapphire.")
1 dark-green scarf in MSU green for the niece who will start at MSU next year
1 lime green, red, and white scarf for her sister
1 Feza Alp scarf in purples and pinks for another niece
1 hat for nephew
1 Christmas-color dishcloth, just for fun, for the mother of my nephew's fiancee. (We share a love for crochet, it turns out.)
1 alpaca neck-warmer, in an intricate lace pattern, for my newest niece-in-law
1 deep red shawl/cowl for the niece-in-law to-be
1 hat/scarf combo for the hubby

AND - 1 scarf for me, that I'm about 1/3 of the way finished with!

And then - a friend's daughter has just presented the family with a brand-new baby girl, born two days ago. So I see another baby present in the offing - probably a little jacket and bonnet.

And amazingly - I still have quite the stash of yarn. I think it multiplies while I'm not looking, or something. Why is that anytime I say "ooohh, pretty" to some new yarn, my credit card just jumps into my hand immediately. Anyone else have that happen??

Oh, ho-ly mo-ley !! :) wow :)

That's quite an achievement Ms Beach Girl,
and quite a number of happy recipients this year :)
They are blessed to know you!

As for the yarn - yep, been there, too lol
Went shopping all innocent then went back home wondering
where did all that yarn came from :hmm:

Merry Christmas to you !!!

Fuzzy

Did anybody see "Charmed Knits"? It is for Harry Potter fans who knit. Google it and you will see a fake owl that you can knit among other things.

Anyone have a crochet pattern for elephants (for a baby/child)? I basically do granny squares, but think I can do other easy stitches.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to say I was looking for blankets, not stuffed animals. Or squares to use for a blanket.

If you google "Crochet elephant" a whole bunch of patterns will come up, in various sizes. LionBrand has one. If you sign up to their site, you can get free patterns for all sorts of stuff. There are others, too. Lots of cute designs.

If you google "Crochet elephant" a whole bunch of patterns will come up, in various sizes. LionBrand has one. If you sign up to their site, you can get free patterns for all sorts of stuff. There are others, too. Lots of cute designs.

Well, I was googling before I posted here. I did download two, but want to "shop around" before deciding which one to do.

Oh, I forgot to say I was looking for blankets, not stuffed animals. Or squares to use for a blanket.

Ah - if you're doing blankets - I think I recall "Crochet Today" having a cute baby blanket with elephants some time ago. You might check their site. You'll probably have to pay for the issue the pattern was in, though.

Which two did you like of what you found?

Well, I was googling before I posted here. I did download two, but want to "shop around" before deciding which one to do.

Oh, I forgot to say I was looking for blankets, not stuffed animals. Or squares to use for a blanket.

By sheer coincidence, this afternoon's mail brought me a "Mary Maxim" catalog. I've never even heard of the company before!

Anyway, on page 48, there is an adorable crocheted blanket, size 36" x 40", called "Jungle Buddies" with an elephant (!) in the right corner. Also there is a monkey, a giraffe, a lion, tiger, and crocodile. It looks like there are a lot of color changes but the stitch pattern looks like either dc or hdc throughout, with a J hook so it will go pretty quickly.

Here it is on-line, $20 cheaper than from the catalog!

"http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_3074457345616921554_-1_15046_15047"

By sheer coincidence, this afternoon's mail brought me a "Mary Maxim" catalog. I've never even heard of the company before!

Anyway, on page 48, there is an adorable crocheted blanket, size 36" x 40", called "Jungle Buddies" with an elephant (!) in the right corner. Also there is a monkey, a giraffe, a lion, tiger, and crocodile. It looks like there are a lot of color changes but the stitch pattern looks like either dc or hdc throughout, with a J hook so it will go pretty quickly.

Here it is on-line, $20 cheaper than from the catalog!

"http://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10054_3074457345616921554_-1_15046_15047"

Thanks. I think that is a bit more than I want to work on. Considering that I'm still working on an afghan that I started about 25 years ago (for a car that I no longer have). :shock:

That being said, I did make two ponchos for my kids sometime during that 25 years.

Here are the two that I've found so far (free one's that is):

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=20097&thumb=1&d=1272925639

Dayna's Crochet - Free Patterns

I got an error message for the crochetville link. What's the key word? I'm a member of crochetville too.

The other one is cute.

Shows how different we are! I don't mind color changes so long as the whole blanket is in one piece, and you're looking at something where you will have to sew all the squares together! I've made one afghan like that, where I had to join squares, and I find it tedious. The finished product was nice, but still - tedius. I prefer the all in one piece type of thing usually, or at least join-as-you-go.

I got an error message for the crochetville link. What's the key word? I'm a member of crochetville too.

The other one is cute.

Shows how different we are! I don't mind color changes so long as the whole blanket is in one piece, and you're looking at something where you will have to sew all the squares together! I've made one afghan like that, where I had to join squares, and I find it tedious. The finished product was nice, but still - tedius. I prefer the all in one piece type of thing usually, or at least join-as-you-go.

"That Elephant Square"...I think that's the one you couldn't see (the other one was "Stephanies Elephant Square"

I like to work in small pieces then put it all together so I don't have the large piece sitting on my lap until I'm putting it together. The afghan I've been working on forever (haven't touched it in quite a while), is larger squares.

Ah - I consider the large piece sitting on my lap a plus! Keeps me warm in winter when I'm working on these big projects!

Hello everyone, Do you know about ily sign language pattern for knitting? I rather use two color. not just one color.

If you google "I love you american sign language knitting pattern" you will get a lot of hits, many of them for patterns for dishcloths. You might be able to use one of those.

Had to take the shawl over from my mother after she pulled it out for the 8th time. Got it finished, but I haven't been able to get a clear picture of it. IT is in a dark Homespun yarn. I will take it outside and try that way in the sunshine.

If you google "I love you american sign language knitting pattern" you will get a lot of hits, many of them for patterns for dishcloths. You might be able to use one of those.

That one that I dont want. I am looking for Ily sign language ( hand) with two colors. I dont want all one color. thank you for try your best to help.

That one that I dont want. I am looking for Ily sign language ( hand) with two colors. I dont want all one color. thank you for try your best to help.

You can do any pattern you want in two colors. But most of the patterns I saw WERE in two colors, with one light color for the background and a darker color for the hand shape. So I am confused about what you want.

Back