KN air filter..i got it on my car now

Zeroblazer21

Reaction score
i wanna know how does it work when you can do maintance on that kn air filter?? i have heard about use oil and clean on that filter then get dirts on it, and kill the motor? thats what i heard from someone who i know live in billings and he said he dont like it but i heard its popular for civics most

My first HKS air filter (back to 1990's) had foam and no oil. replace new foam.
HKS-AIS.JPG

replace any color HKS foam:
2296.jpg

My second cone filter brand is Bonez had washable and re-oil.
Bonezraceintake_large.jpg

I have no problem with any custom air filters for 20 years.

Regular maintence for it is just a case of buying the "recharge kits" they have a spray on cleaning solution you squirt on and then wash the filter in a big bucket of water, then let it dry in the sun and spray on the oil.

Its real easy stuff to do

Giant K&N air fitler/cone for 18 wheelers. alot to work cleaning. ha...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q75Lf0uwxIc]K&N Heavy Duty Synthetic Air Filter Cleaning - YouTube[/ame]

i wanna know how does it work when you can do maintance on that kn air filter?? i have heard about use oil and clean on that filter then get dirts on it, and kill the motor? thats what i heard from someone who i know live in billings and he said he dont like it but i heard its popular for civics most

I would say Yes or No.... with well maint K&N filter with following the instruction. It is ok and enhance good performance. If you live in dusty state like Arizona or whatever, your car might suffer malfunction MAF sensor or scored cylinder walls. If you live in free dusty states you are good to go.
Without oiled filter, the dust will enter the MAF's tiny bulbs and build up the dust around the bulbs that led to the computer think it is normal or no change at high speed as they input the fuel metering at limit feedback such retard or fixed timing that means you have poor power at heavy accelerate but you can clean the MAF sensor with a MAF cleaner spray can but risk. The bulbs in the MAF sensor is using to sense air mass AND air temperature. That is what the PCM (computer) uses it for control air/fuel metering and advance timing. AND dust pass the bulbs and flow into the cylinder walls, then you will see the scored walls. Enjoy K&N filter... can be tag price of a MAF sensor and motor. You decide.

Kill the motor? Must be poor job of install the air intake system to kill sensor(s) or forget plug it as MAF, TPS, and IAT.

Yes, Sensor is very easy to destory if drop or knock it so hard cause engine acts knock so hard or won't run smooth.

I would say Yes or No.... with well maint K&N filter with following the instruction. It is ok and enhance good performance. If you live in dusty state like Arizona or whatever, your car might suffer malfunction MAF sensor or scored cylinder walls. If you live in free dusty states you are good to go.
Without oiled filter, the dust will enter the MAF's tiny bulbs and build up the dust around the bulbs that led to the computer think it is normal or no change at high speed as they input the fuel metering at limit feedback such retard or fixed timing that means you have poor power at heavy accelerate but you can clean the MAF sensor with a MAF cleaner spray can but risk. The bulbs in the MAF sensor is using to sense air mass AND air temperature. That is what the PCM (computer) uses it for control air/fuel metering and advance timing. AND dust pass the bulbs and flow into the cylinder walls, then you will see the scored walls. Enjoy K&N filter... can be tag price of a MAF sensor and motor. You decide.

Damn! You beat me! Yes, I am agreed with you about MAF thing. Also filter is not get tight enough then easy for dust get thru MAF without the filter due poor install job.

Not worth.... too much work. Simple replace a new stock filter in 10 minutes

I don't think most trucker drivers can wait for few hours to "clean up the air filter" or driver's business looks bad. I don't think anyone talked about KN for semi-truck so much.

The banks power brand is better recommend for the diesel motor (non semi-truck)

Damn! You beat me! Yes, I am agreed with you about MAF thing. Also filter is not get tight enough then easy for dust get thru MAF without the filter due poor install job.

I've seen BMW cars have foams over the stock air filters cuz the Bosch MAF sensors are very sensitive to the dirty air (dust), DO NOT clean Bosch MAF sensors with MAF cleaner spray can. What can you clean Bosch MAF sensors? Use thin oil painting brush to wipe the dust off, don't poke the bulbs with thin brush. Damn Bosch MAFs

I don't think most trucker drivers can wait for few hours to "clean up the air filter" or driver's business looks bad. I don't think anyone talked about KN for semi-truck so much.

The banks power brand is better recommend for the diesel motor (non semi-truck)

If I see "K&N" filter label on the air cleaner cover or housing while perform oil change and inspection. I will leave it out unless customer request to clean the K&N filter. Charge for clean it at double price of the stock air filter. K&N filter is customer's problem.

Regular maintence for it is just a case of buying the "recharge kits" they have a spray on cleaning solution you squirt on and then wash the filter in a big bucket of water, then let it dry in the sun and spray on the oil.

Its real easy stuff to do

We do clean the K&N filters upon customer request. Not bad job. If you see the K&N filter if need service, get a customer approval then start the K&N filter cleaning job first then go along with oil change and inspection or other mechanical works. Save your time (for mechanics)

We do clean the K&N filters upon customer request. Not bad job. If you see the K&N filter if need service, get a customer approval then start the K&N filter cleaning job first then go along with oil change and inspection or other mechanical works. Save your time (for mechanics)

interesting! i did read the label when i opened the kn air filter package. i just installed it in my stock box so thats all i did put it..and it just go real smooth.

maf sensor..what does it look? i know about oxygen sensor (two sensor on my catalyic from my d16y7 engine

Kill the motor? Must be poor job of install the air intake system to kill sensor(s) or forget plug it as MAF, TPS, and IAT.

Yes, Sensor is very easy to destory if drop or knock it so hard cause engine acts knock so hard or won't run smooth.

ohhh that explain why he didnt do proper step to install the system of air intake system. mine's still stock. just wanted a a reusable,washable air filter that save my money over a disposable air filter every year.

check out on youtube comments it made me paranoid lol i'm just noob...but i do keep get my engine running smooth.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIJttijvPWE&feature=endscreen&NR=1[/ame]

interesting! i did read the label when i opened the kn air filter package. i just installed it in my stock box so thats all i did put it..and it just go real smooth.

maf sensor..what does it look? i know about oxygen sensor (two sensor on my catalyic from my d16y7 engine

Your Honda doesn't have a MAF sensor, use MAP sensor (Manifold Absolute Pressure) that sense intake manifold's vacuum and IAT sensor (Intake Air Temperature) mounted in the air duct or in intake manifold. Newer Hondas use MAF sensors that have IAT sensor built in. The MAF sensor's location is in air duct system between air filter housing and throttle body. They can mount in air filter housing or in throttle body either.
Older Nissans use MAF sensor and IAT sensor. Most cars uses MAF sensors. I see a 2005 Honda Odyssey use MAP sensor.

My mazda RX-7 has MAF like that pix. I don't like that round air filter. I use cone. lol

Dmr7YozwSTHI.jpg

Nah, I don't bother. I have stock air filter in it.

Back