Kind of disappointed

Sherlyn

Reaction score
I was thinking if I should apply for physiotherapy in a university and emailed the university to enquire if HOH people were eligible to enrol in the course.

Sadly, I received a reply stating HOH people were not eligible to apply for it due to the nature of the course.

Feeling kind of demoralised.. but I just wanted to rant somehow :(

I do not see why you would be denied the chance to be able to do physiotherapy. Is there a disability unit in the university?

I have found that as long as you have strategies in place to manage your hearing loss, you will be fine.

I have never heard of that. That's insane. Why are HOH people not eligible to apply for it? Is there a policy? I think whoever told you made it up.

I have never heard of that. That's insane. Why are HOH people not eligible to apply for it? Is there a policy? I think whoever told you made it up.
I agree. That sounds like someone's personal bias coming through. I can't imagine that a university would have an actual policy that says HoH people are not eligible for this program. Or any program for that matter.

I agree. That sounds like someone's personal bias coming through. I can't imagine that a university would have an actual policy that says HoH people are not eligible for this program. Or any program for that matter.

I agree with Lysander about someones personal bias coming through. There are no such policies that prevent individuals who deaf or HOH who enrolling in a university. To do so, might be a violation of the Disability act.

You should fight for it. One of my HoH friends had to do it for the nursing program. She graduated and became a nurse - she has a job now and she's doing fine!

Back