Kill the cub in the zoo?

IS it wrong to kill the cub?

• Yes

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
I saw on the news that it had died. "Changes to the brain" I wonder if that means he had a stroke or some disease, like mad cow disease.

the way he acted prior to death... it looks like he had a seizure

Maybe that was why the mother polar bear rejected her two polar cubs back then in 2006. His Mother must have known that her two cubs were not in the best of health. It is in her instinct, like feeling the vibes about her cubs after birth. It is sad that the other cub passed away two days after the birth. But Knut managed to survived long enough for four years. So Knut was lucky enough for the zoo keeper to be fed and bottle with milk. Beside, everyone in the Berlin Zoo like the zoo keeper, Thomas and Knut and became a celebrities. No wonder we never knew there was a problem with his brain. :(

I've always felt queasy around stuffed dead animals. :s

Personally, I think a polar bear in a cage is just as silly as putting a human in a cage. :dunno:

*However* this polar bear was very much loved and I can see how zoos could promote preservation and conservation. Still, I don't go to zoos. It's just sad. I have been to the Disney Animal Kingdom and I didn't feel as awkward. I saw an okapi and was like :eek:. The Denver Zoo, on the other hand? I had to leave because I was getting so depressed. :(

<--influenced by Planet of the Apes movies, no doubt

:( so sad...caretaker died then now knut...what a history.

agree, agree. agree with bebonang ... mothers know the best.

Back