• Yes

Votes: 51 87.9%
  • No

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters

Texan Guy

Reaction score
Wrong to save baby polar bear? - World Environment - MSNBC.com

Is it wrong to kill the little cute polar cub? Yes, it's wrong. What's wrong with them? It's in Berlin, Germany. Liebling, have you heard about it?

Someone said zoo need to kill the cub because cub's mother abandoned the cub. So, why can't humans are going to care of the cub? My cats and dogs has been abandoned by their mothers. So, my family and I can care of them.

Yes It is so wrong to kill the cub by reason the mother is not around. It is so outraging! Why not Zookeeper like woman to take care of until the cub become adult and let him or her free to their home like north with very cold water or put in another zoo? In berlin zoo, they should keep cub becuz children need to educate about polar bear and not many out of there cuz of killing for fur. It is very important! Mommyof4

Is it wrong to kill the little cute polar cub? Yes, it's wrong. What's wrong with them? It's in Berlin, Germany. Liebling, have you heard about it?

Someone said zoo need to kill the cub because cub's mother abandoned the cub. So, why can't humans are going to care of the cub? My cats and dogs has been abandoned by their mothers. So, my family and I can care of them.

Keep it alive and take care of it. It was kept alive, it trusts its owners. To kill it now would be very cruel because it trusts and to loves its human family.

Something to ponder:

What would happen if a baby human was abandoned or alone in the wilderness, and an ape family took it in and treated it as its own. Would that be okay? I would say so because the monkeys would be stewards of creation, and there would be love there. Life is precious and love is love despite from whom or what it comes from.

Give a baby a chance to live and raise him in the zoo. And besides, he's a cutie.

no its not wrong as he might end up being one of the specimens for the "canned" hunts and that is the MOST dishonorable thing to do to let an animal end up like this- do your research on canned hunts if you are not familiar with those

zoos all over the nation is plagued with surplus animals and lack of space/funds to keep them

just my two cents.

zoos all over the nation is plagued with surplus animals and lack of space/funds to keep them

just my two cents.

If that is case, zookeeper could just raise cub to become adult then let adult go free in wildlife. If killing is absoultely needed, then kill and feed it to homeless people. Better use it for food than wasting it.

Awww.... after seeing that cute white cub there's no way I'll vote to have that cub killed, beside if they volunteered to raise the cub, let them. I can't understand why mothers abandoned their cubs, for what reason? and I can't image someone would just leave the cubs there to die if the mother had abandoned them. I wouldn't do it, I would save that animal at any cost. I've saved a raccoon that was sitting near it's mother's dead body on the side of the roads, I picked up the baby raccoon and called the vet, someone who worked at the vet decide to take care of the raccoon. ;)

So, I vote "Yes", it's wrong in my opinion. ;)

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
that is ssooo fuckin' wrong!
that cub hasnt do anythin' yet!

humans... enough is enough.. leave animals alone! :pissed:

Yep, it's wrong to kill that cute little polar cub just cause the mother mother abandoned it...smh

Yes, it's very wrong. We are fighting to save our darling polar cub. The Director of Zoo beleive that cub should put sleep because polar cub will become not correct polar bear when he grow bigger. :roll: He think it's not right to raise the polar cub with the bottle by caretaker. *shake my head*

He has the right to stay alive. He is innoncent to be die because his mother abandon him and his brother.

If I live in Berlin, then I would face the Director and :rl: him to save Kunt's life. Bad, I live over 400 miles away from Berlin.

Someone vote "No" ... It got me curious why they are for it?

I am neutral on the topic.

It is really a challenging question to answer since there are two ways to look at the answers:

1) Save it because it is morally correct.
2) Do not save it because we would be interfering with nature.

It is a fact, on a micro perspective, that we are interfering with nature but we are reminded that, on a macro perspective, we too are also part of the whole natural process so us interfering with nature would also be natural itself. What is there no one truth on this case?

Fucking WRONG to kill a cub... the zookeeper could have of taking care of cub...
Wild cat outside in my back yard.. abandoned one of her kittens.. I took care of one ,,, bottlefed him... until he was old enough to be given away... I gave him to old deaf lady.... She loves him so much...I feel good knowing i saved his life...

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed:
that is ssooo fuckin' wrong!
that cub hasnt do anythin' yet!

humans... enough is enough.. leave animals alone! :pissed:

Whether you like it or not, they need our human help. Without human's help, lot of animals would go extinct.

Do you eat meats? According to God, we have right to own animals - slaughter, torture, then eat 'em.

Whether you like it or not, they need our human help. Without human's help, lot of animals would go extinct.

Do you eat meats? According to God, we have right to own animals - slaughter, torture, then eat 'em.

i know that.. i meant to say to leave animals alone such as quit torture them for stupid reasons..

Bear cub craze thrills Berlin Zoo

Knut has become a German celebrity

Berlin Zoo is bracing for a record attendance over Easter weekend as its star attraction - the polar bear cub Knut - pulls in the crowds.
The media frenzy over Knut boosted visitor numbers to 200,000 in March - double the zoo's normal figure.

The German daily Sueddeutsche Zeitung says Knut's popularity has pushed the zoo's shares up 67% since mid-January.

Knut, born last December, ignited a heated debate about hand-rearing after his mother rejected him.

Knut was brought up and bottle-fed by his keeper, Thomas Doerflein.

An animal rights activist said Knut should be killed rather than treated like a domestic pet - a suggestion that triggered a nationwide surge of affection for the cub.

Germans have been eagerly following his progress on television and the internet.

BBC NEWS | Europe | Bear cub craze thrills Berlin Zoo

We would lovvvveeeee toooo visit to see him but its 6 hours away from our area... and we are busy to decorate our kitchen and my son's bedroom... before my son's confirmation comes...

no its not wrong as he might end up being one of the specimens for the "canned" hunts and that is the MOST dishonorable thing to do to let an animal end up like this- do your research on canned hunts if you are not familiar with those

just my two cents.

I just looked up 'Canned Hunting'. Apparently kai is right.

In general, it is illegal in the USA. However, there is an exception.

Exotic animals.

Legislation

In the United States Senate, a bill has been introduced by Frank Lautenberg to restrict certain activities related to canned hunting. The legislation, entitled the 'Sportsmanship in Hunting Act of 2005,' includes the following key provisions:

1. IN GENERAL- Whoever, in or substantially affecting interstate or foreign commerce, knowingly transfers, transports, or possesses a confined exotic animal, for the purposes of allowing the killing or injuring of that animal for entertainment or for the collection of a trophy, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

2. EXCEPTION- This section shall not apply to the killing or injuring of an exotic animal in a State or Federal natural area reserve undertaking habitat restoration."

The bill was read twice and referred to the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary on Feb. 7, 2005.[1]

Back