Kids Turned Away From Church....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That church has a problem! They will have to answer to God for this one!

That's not my concern, nor yours as well. Let them worry about the consequences.

Paid who?

Paid for ALL of OUR sin debt. He paid with His life for you and me. His sacrifice made it possible for the forgiveness of sin for all mankind if we accept it. The wages of sin are death. But the free gift of God is eternal life through belief in Jesus as the Son. I will be willing to talk more about it in a PM. Probably already crossed the line on AD. I don't wish to offend.

Paid for ALL of OUR sin debt. He paid with His life for you and me. His sacrifice made it possible for the forgiveness of sin for all mankind if we accept it. The wages of sin are death. But the free gift of God is eternal life through belief in Jesus as the Son. I will be willing to talk more about it in a PM. Probably already crossed the line on AD. I don't wish to offend.

yes, who did Jesus pay? YOu keep saying he paid with his life, yes, we know but who did he pay? the devil?

There are all sort of chruches. If the members do not like that one, they could simply go to a church of their liking.

So, what qualifies one to be redeemed of such crimes (to the point of being a preacher).
Redemption has to do with one's spiritual position. It doesn't guarantee anyone a job.

The Bible provides the qualifications of church pastor.

I Timothy 3

1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil. 8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre; 9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. 10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. 11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. 12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. 13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

and:

Titus 1

4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. 5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: 6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. 7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; 8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; 9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

If Jesus said you will be hated by the world, and the world knows me not, how does the world know what is best for the church?
The world does not know what is best for the church. However, that doesn't mean the world will refrain from giving its opinion of the church.

So why pay it in the first place if there's no one to pay?
Suppose a child is trapped in a burning house. A man goes into the house, is able to throw the child out a window to safety but can't himself escape. He dies in the house fire. He paid with his life to rescue the child. But he didn't pay anyone.

Suppose a child is crossing the street. A car is headed for her but the driver doesn't see her. A woman jumps into the car's pathway and pushes the child to safety. The car hits and kills the woman. She saved the child but she paid with her life. But she didn't pay anyone.

There are all sort of chruches. If the members do not like that one, they could simply go to a church of their liking.

This Church was to their liking, a family Church....and to think that they would let this man preach there, and turn all the children away?....This was a Black Church, and knowing that many children went there with their parents. So you think it's right to let this "one" man go to that Church, and turn away dozens and dozens of children?

This Church is also located in a very poor area, feel sure many members there have no car and walk to Church, (it's downtown), a predomentily Black area.....

simple - go Buddhism :)

Nirvana here I come.

Suppose a child is trapped in a burning house. A man goes into the house, is able to throw the child out a window to safety but can't himself escape. He dies in the house fire. He paid with his life to rescue the child. But he didn't pay anyone.

Suppose a child is crossing the street. A car is headed for her but the driver doesn't see her. A woman jumps into the car's pathway and pushes the child to safety. The car hits and kills the woman. She saved the child but she paid with her life. But she didn't pay anyone.

Those are irrational acts when you come right down to it. But there is power in irrational thought and actions, so for that I will respectfully listen to you and others, although I do not have all the same beliefs. I hope you understand. You rock!

I think that the very fact that this situation has attracted a lot of negative publicity for the church, and caused division within the congregation, is evidence enough that allowing a pastor with a bad background to serve is a bad idea.

I think that the very fact that this situation has attracted a lot of negative publicity for the church, and caused division within the congregation, is evidence enough that allowing a pastor with a bad background to serve is a bad idea.

Or it could provide the opportunity for the divisions to come together and discuss possible solutions. So it is not all bad.

*banging head on desk*
*banging head on desk*
*banging head on desk*
*banging head on desk*

*banging head on desk*
*banging head on desk*
*banging head on desk*
*banging head on desk*

bang-head.gif

yes, who did Jesus pay? YOu keep saying he paid with his life, yes, we know but who did he pay? the devil?

He gave His life for us and paid our price once and for all. But He paid no one as Reba has said. He was a supreme sacrifice. He died so we wouldn't have to eternally. Like a soldier who goes to war for his country and dies or a policeman who takes a bullet but saves a life or a fireman who dies after saving a life. Does that make it clearer? If you have more questions please feel free to PM me or Reba and we would be glad to speak about it at length. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back