kids bullied bus monitor..

Don't find anything funny about it at all. Feel the old lady should have said something to the bus driver and kicked that kid off the bus pronto!...Let the smart ass walk home or call his parents, who cares?....If this were my kid, I would kick his ass also.

School bus drivers and monitors....I feel sorry for them! They deal with a lot, and trying to drive that big school bus safely with 20-30-40 rowdy kids on it?....no thank you!...Couldn't pay me enuf to do it.

good thing you're not a school bus driver. It would be a criminal offense to kick a kid off the bus in middle of somewhere.

if this was becoming a serious problem on everyday basis, school bus drivers and monitors can address this matter to school boards and principals and the situation would most likely get resolved. that's why cameras were installed in most school buses for everybody's protection.

good thing you're not a school bus driver. It would be a criminal offense to kick a kid off the bus in middle of somewhere.

if this was a serious problem, school bus drivers and monitors can address this matter to school boards and principals and the situation would most likely get resolved. that's why cameras were installed in most school buses for everybody's protection.

Of course, it is.

I wouldn't be happy if my future child get kick out and left on street so I will be extremely worried about lost child.

The problem is, drivers and monitors don't really have much authority. I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to kick kids off the bus once it leaves the school campus.

Yup, however they can call police to take child with terrible behavior out of school bus, that's happened to me in 1994 after wrestled with bus attendant.

...if this was becoming a serious problem on everyday basis, school bus drivers and monitors can address this matter to school boards and principals and the situation would most likely get resolved.
Good luck. As long as parents don't get a grip on their kids' behavior, and drivers and monitors are restricted in what they can do, the problems will continue.

that's why cameras were installed in most school buses for everybody's protection.
They didn't stop the harassment of this lady. I don't think bus cameras prevent anything. They're only good for proving what happened after the fact.

Those kids were very disrespectful. I wonder whether or not she has reported it to her boss before the school heard about the video uploaded to YouTube by someone else who was concerned about her.

Good luck. As long as parents don't get a grip on their kids' behavior, and drivers and monitors are restricted in what they can do, the problems will continue.
that's why they should address this issue. if school's doing nothing about it, then it's a shame but I doubt that it happens everywhere due to the fact that most incidents are recorded by cellphones and posted online which spread faster than wildfire, prompting legislators' knee-jerk reactions to create stronger anti-bullying laws and public scrutiny.

They didn't stop the harassment of this lady. I don't think bus cameras prevent anything. They're only good for proving what happened after the fact.
that's the whole point. we need facts to take action. this video has prompted school to take action including police investigation and a bully just apologized to her. (yes I'm aware that video is recorded by some student's cellphone but the point remains same)

What is wrong with police? The police can take care of this situation like take bad kids out of school bus.

I do remember here in Duval County that this happened...some kids were fighting, yelling and would not stay in their seats....It was happening on a daily basis, and had no bus monitor for that bus. The bus driver had had enuf...he pulled the bus over and cut the engine....got off the bus and told the students to call their parents to come pick them up....

The unruly students were suspended from riding the bus for the rest of the school year, and of course, their parents were angry and having to find a way to get their child back and forth to school.....the bus driver was not fired and kudos to him!

So you didnt mind if he was your son? Just curious.

Ok, I'd be embarassed if he was my son..very shameful.

You'd probably shuve twinkies up your butt had me rooo-oooo-lling. :laugh2:

good one..

I got a lil offended when the kid started messin the hearing aid. thats a big no-no

The kids say the darnest things. :lol:

I think this kids should send to juvenile detention center and alternative school so they could learn their lesson than being stay at home for one year and nothing to learn. I know some parents don't care about kid behaviors. I had seen some kids who suspended for one year and what their parent is doing? obviously nothing.

I don't know about kid's age but it is very common for teens to have cellphone and internet at home.

The kids who bullied this woman is terrible and very sad for her to feel pain from bullying, however I had been bullied based on my disability and sex orientation, it was very hostile and very ugly. I'm not going compare about severity of bullying because all type of bullying are bad.

foxrac you are right. I don't want them to get to sit at home but I think that they should attend some alternative school much like a bootcamp where they will learn some respect and work hard.

Tim,

you said
The kids say the darnest things
No they are 12 or 13 they are big kids, not small kids. you know? They have no value or manner of respecting people. I admit that i am worried about my kids that they would not say the trashy talks. the kind of talks what the kids told the elder are the trashy attitude. This kind of trashy talks have no future if they continue to say the trashy talks.

Just sayin' here....this lady was 68 years old....seems to be a grandmother-great-grandmother type....

Was she qualified to be a bus monitor? Suited for it? I would say not....kids can be really cruel when their parents are not around. They bully each other and their language is horrific.....And this is not an isolated incident. Feel sure it happens daily on almost every school bus in the USA....

Feel a school bus monitor should know how to deal with kids like this, and be able to "nip it in the bud"....saying shut up, sit back, or you will be wrote up and not allowed to ride the bus at all...

And if the kid persisted acting out, then notify the school authorities. A letter sent home or a phone call to the kids parents warning that if their child continued to disrespect the bus monitor, their child would be suspended from riding the bus and the parent would have to make some other accommodation for their child to get back and forth from school.

Just my .02 cents....

stop being over-sensitive person..you prolly gave the woman money,too. :roll:

Knock it off. Nothing funny about kids throwing expletives at the bus monitor. It was all part of the bullying from a bunch of kids ganging up on a woman. Nothing funny about it at all. Anybody with an ounce of awareness would see that.

foxrac you are right. I don't want them to get to sit at home but I think that they should attend some alternative school much like a bootcamp where they will learn some respect and work hard.

I think they should be in school, but no extra curricular activities at all- no sports, no clubs, just academics. The should also have to do a year of community service at a nursing home- not together, each one by himself or herself, with supervision.

And their parents should have marched the kids over to that grandmother as soon as they found out what happened, made them apologize in person, and asked her if they could mow her lawn, weed her garden, wash her car, clean her windows, shine her shoes.

I hope she gets a good tax lawyer. The government is going to take a huge chunk of that money.

Parents need to stop getting in trouble when they smack their kids for being disrespectful. Look what happens ....

$621,000 dollars donated so far with 27 days left. I say odds are quite high she'll be a millionaire (prior to taxes).

$621,000 dollars donated so far with 27 days left. I say odds are quite high she'll be a millionaire (prior to taxes).

After taxes, if she invests that money in an investment account, she'll be able to live on the returns, especially with a relatively modest lifestyle. She'll be fine if she does that. She certainly deserves to have a good retirement after this.

The problem is, drivers and monitors don't really have much authority. I'm pretty sure they're not allowed to kick kids off the bus once it leaves the school campus.

Yeah the bus driver would be in big trouble if something happen to kid if he was kicked off the bus . And the driver would be trouble for just kicking a kid off the bus.

Back