Keyless ignition problem

Chevy57

Sherlock Hound
Premium Member
Reaction score
Many cars today are offered with keyless ignition systems that allow the driver to start the vehicle without inserting a key. In some cars, the engine will not stop even if the electronic key fob is taken out of the vehicle.

http://www.slashgear.com/10-car-makers-sued-over-keyless-ignition-dangers-26399474/

Should add new automatic shutoff keyless ignition feature in all vehicles because deaf drivers can't hear engine motor.

So I had borrowed my sister s Chevy volt last few years ago. It was is so quiet that it forget to to shut it off when walking out. Then it found it running when returning it. Battery was little draining. I found recalled report about shut-off problem.
http://www.slashgear.com/chevy-volts-recalled-to-add-automatic-shutoff-feature-12373528/

It is not car's fault.. DRIVER is responsible.

Right but deaf drivers can't hear engine motors or beep. Some Seniors forgot to shutoff ignition. I think federal law may require to add auto-shutoff features in all vehicles if lawmakers or congressmen push. You should wear hearing aid or CP. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

At least for me I can feel the vibrations of the engine plus the dashboard is a dead giveaway.

Yes, but electric or hybrid vehicle is very quiet and not feeling vibration.

At least for me I can feel the vibrations of the engine plus the dashboard is a dead giveaway.

Have u driven or rode on top of line high performance new Beemer?

I have, man! Its keyless iginition and when idle, there is nothing to feel on! Super quiet and smooth! When going 110 mph it still quiet and smooth, unreal.

I have no problem sense any vibration, this car has none of em.

Does it include the light on of Power button to let them aware that it's still running?

Right but deaf drivers can't hear engine motors or beep. Some Seniors forgot to shutoff ignition. I think federal law may require to add auto-shutoff features in all vehicles if lawmakers or congressmen push. You should wear hearing aid or CP. LOL

Yep. I think they (car makers) should fix the FOB or software in modules when you take your FOB with you and leave the vehicle, forget to turn the engine off, FOB will send frequent signal to the modules then computer will shut the engine down when it's lost frequent signal like 25 feet away from the vehicle.

Does it include the light on of Power button to let them aware that it's still running?

Good question. I didn't notice it when I pick up hybrid vehicles for services. For Toyota Prius, the engine will shut down when you shift to Park position, leave the vehicle with FOB without touch button... Cool

Yep. I think they (car makers) should fix the FOB or software in modules when you take your FOB with you and leave the vehicle, forget to turn the engine off, FOB will send frequent signal to the modules then computer will shut the engine down when it's lost frequent signal like 25 feet away from the vehicle.

Good point! What s FOB stand?

FOB? FOB word are often found in automotive repair information such as Alldata, I could not find what is FOB stand for....I dunno. I google it as "Finger Operated Button or Frequency Operated Button" Hope that help....

Anytime I buy a new or used vehicle, I demand tachometer in a cluster where I can see RPM to make sure the engine is running or off before I leave the vehicle. For electric vehicle, I may not need tachometer because the electric motor will run when you hit accelerate pedal.

Good point! What s FOB stand?

It doesn't stand for anything. It's not an abbreviation or acronym for anything. It's simply a real word that's been around for a long time. It was a small medallion or ornament, usually hanging on a chain such as on a pocket watch or key ring. It's evolved to include something small that is used with electronics.

Back