Kaspersky and Steam

Christer

Reaction score
I just bought Kaspersky Anti-Virus from Best Buy today. However the steam games won't start up because of that Kaspersky blocked it. I've already add Steam.exe into Trusted Zone setting in Kaspersky and still nothing. If anyone know how to solve it, post it here. Thanks!

I found a solution.

Go to Control Panel
Open Windows Firewall
Click "Exceptions" Tab
Click "Add Program..." then add Steam. That's it the steam is working.

Now I am happy that I bought right the Kaspersky Anti-Virus!

what kind of steam game are you playing? i play Day of Defeat

what kind of steam game are you playing? i play Day of Defeat

I have 9 games in steam
Half Life
Half Life Episode 1
Half Life Episode 2
Team Fortress 2
Left 4 Dead
Killing Floor
Garry's Mod
Portal
Counter-Strike: Source

Non-Steam games
Crysis
Crysis Warhead
Crysis War
Halo
Halo Custom Edition

Is Day of Defeat good game?

Plenty of space in hard drive, I forget to post that I bought 1TB WD 7k 32 cache from newegg.com last week. I only left is 878 GB in hard drive, I can buy more games/movies/programs whatever I want lol.

DoD is same as CS except it's World War 2 theme

Sorry for off topic in this thread, I just check the Day of Defeat in youtube.com, it looks cool.

Sorry for off topic in this thread, I just check the Day of Defeat in youtube.com, it looks cool.

nah not off-topic at all. you were closing this thread so let's gossip before it's closed :)

but yea i like DoD. I stopped playing CS long while back cuz my skill level is no longer on par with these 10 years old kids. :(

kids these day.... how the heck are they're so damn good at it????? I can't even make it past the spawn site! :mad2:

i could kick arse a mate whos a geek with IQ of 142 in CounterStrike source, he's bloody good but for some unknown strange reason i could run towards him like a manic zig zaging avoiding his firing and killing him, its practice practice not much thinking well thinking but not like the way you'd think, its called killer instinct

ah yes i thought it might have been the firewall.......strange you did have the problem before KAV and yeah kaspersky is bloody good

Yeah counter strike source is really harder. When I was perfect shooting straight to that guy and still alive, no dead or killed. All he was is stand there and staring me while I shooting at him then he was like oh ok and come to me and killed me real fast, I was like wtf how did he do that? I tried join different servers and they doing same thing, all players in servers are really pro and have no life. So after that I lost interested to play in CS:S. It's same happens in Half-Life Deathmatch game. So I stopped play these games. I playing team fortress 2, garry's mod and left 4 dead mostly time.

Yeah counter strike source is really harder. When I was perfect shooting straight to that guy and still alive, no dead or killed. All he was is stand there and staring me while I shooting at him then he was like oh ok and come to me and killed me real fast, I was like wtf how did he do that? I tried join different servers and they doing same thing, all players in servers are really pro and have no life. So after that I lost interested to play in CS:S. It's same happens in Half-Life Deathmatch game.

you may like DoD... I hope. We can play together :)

Back