Just tried to call for a rental car

jonnyghost

Reaction score
The woman that answered the phone talked to fast and mumbled. I tried to get her to slow down and speak up but after the fourth time i asked i just said by and hung up. I think the only word i understood was hello. I tried calling back later but it was the same woman.

Why when you ask people to speak more clearly do they just ignore you? It's so frustrating!

Most car rental companies don't rent out cars with turbocharged cars. I think you would do better buying one for yourself, then you would feel the power of turbo any time you want to.

I have a jeep. I've been thinking about adding a turbo actually. But i need the car to drive out of state. Jeeps getting a bit to old to trust long distance.

Have been there. I once had a 1989 XJ Wagoneer that I wouldn't trust a long way so I rented a brand new '05 Dakota V6. What I did was walk in. I think you get a better deal in person as opposed to phone.

I've been thinking of giving rent a beater a try. I don't know which company you used, though.

Can't you just do it online with no human contact?

That's what i ended up doing but all i have is a nook color and it didn't want to load their page properly. Plus i was tring to find out where i could park my car.

Actually, when I have someone call for a cab, on my behalf, they are usually rude to the person calling.

Ironically, when I use a relay service for the same company, the guy is really cool to the relay service operator.

Have you tried using relay?

Have been there. I once had a 1989 XJ Wagoneer that I wouldn't trust a long way so I rented a brand new '05 Dakota V6. What I did was walk in. I think you get a better deal in person as opposed to phone.

I've been thinking of giving rent a beater a try. I don't know which company you used, though.

Yea, thats what i've got. A 17 year old xj with 202k on it. Don't get me wrong, greak car but four hours away is a lot to ask.

When I asks people to speak slower on the phone they start YELLING at me!
I tell that person I did not ask them to speak louder , I think some people just chose to not listen or are very s l o w and do not know what speak slower mean. I can dig how you feel, I hate having to talk to person on the phone to ask questions or get some info .

Actually, when I have someone call for a cab, on my behalf, they are usually rude to the person calling.

Ironically, when I use a relay service for the same company, the guy is really cool to the relay service operator.

Have you tried using relay?

I've never used relay. I can usually ask my wife to call but she's the one i have to pick up out of state.

I've never used relay. I can usually ask my wife to call but she's the one i have to pick up out of state.

You should try it. Sign up for SIPRelay and use it through AIM chat. I can't say it always works(people have to accept the relay operator), but it usually works for me.

Also, it allows you to not depend on other people for calls. It's cool.

I just don't give out any sensitive info over relay like SS#, etc. It's good for most regular stuff.

That's what i ended up doing but all i have is a nook color and it didn't want to load their page properly. Plus i was tring to find out where i could park my car.

If you rented through enterprise rentals they'll pick you up .. take you to their place where you sign the papers and all and free to take the car ... then when you take it back they'll take you back ...I got into a wreck October 2012 and thats how they worked ...

I'll have to see if i can get them to do that. I'm about 30min away so it might be to far though.

hell, call them via the relat and say : I wanna sell a Rental jeep!..>LOL THAt wil get their attention!!
lol

I am a former Enterprise Rent a Car employee for 4 years.

I don't know what rental car company you are using.
would suggest you to call the national 1 800 phone number and tell them the issue with that person you are having difficulty communicating with. Also, you can reserve it with that number or reserve a car online. If you wanted a specific car, you would have to call the local office which you don't have much choice with since the national office don't have control of which car they have in a local location.

Got it all worked out. I just had to drive to town and use the library computer. All I had at home was my nook and the website didn't work right with it.

Back