Just recently diagnosed with severe hearing loss. Looking to learn ASL (:

Kaylee.368

Reaction score
I was diagnosed two years ago with severe to profound high frequency hearing loss. I can't hear fire alarms, and it is getting extremely overwhelming even to hangout with my friends in a group setting. Looking for an outlet to deal with feeling like an outcast I guess, and stop thinking so negatively about the situation. Feel free to post your story or let me know if you'd like to zoom/ practice ASL. I can hear well in an environment without sound, but I struggle daily with normal communication.

I was diagnosed two years ago with severe to profound high frequency hearing loss. I can't hear fire alarms, and it is getting extremely overwhelming even to hangout with my friends in a group setting. Looking for an outlet to deal with feeling like an outcast I guess, and stop thinking so negatively about the situation. Feel free to post your story or let me know if you'd like to zoom/ practice ASL. I can hear well in an environment without sound, but I struggle daily with normal communication.
Sure, welcome!! This is Dean Katsanos, deaf using asl communication, living in Sebastopol, Ca( northern California..call me..sorenson video...707 634 7334..Dean Katsanos

Back