Just incase interested - Naida S water resistant rating

NaidaUP

Reaction score
Phonak have sent me (I couldn't find it on internet) the water resistant rating for the Phonak Naida S (not core, core is less). It is IP54 which Google says dust proof and splash proof only.

Naida phonak hearing aids-Water resistant?

Hi- I do apologise if this is in the wrong section, i'm new to this forum.
However I have 2 NHS phonak Naida hearing aids. They are listed as water resistant/sweat resistant. However when I sweat I get feedback and noises occur until i dry the weather protectors out. This is becoming a regular problem for me and would appreciate any feedback if anyone else has this issue or how to get it rectified.
Kind regards
Darren:wave:

I don't think my Naida is very water resistant either. I went to my nephew's 1st birthday party last summer, and it was a full out pool party in the backyard. Lots of little kids and water splashing. Got some small itty bitty splashes on my ear, and the next day my Naida was feedbacking like crazy and just not functioning properly. Have you considered investing in a Dry & Store? You can put your hearing aids in it overnight and the machine will completely dry out the hearing aids. After I had my Naida in the Dry & Store overnight, then it was fine and normal again the next day.

I have found when a single drop of water hits the microphones it causes all sorts of problems, it must be the naida's achilles heel

I have found when a single drop of water hits the microphones it causes all sorts of problems, it must be the naida's achilles heel

I find that as well. I get feedback and I can not hear if any water hits my Micophone protectors. Drives me mad, having to change them more often then they recommend.

I have not once ever changed the mic protectors... and I've had my Naida for like 1 and a half years if I remember that right. Has it really been that long? Well 1 was replaced, on the bottom of the battery door, but only because the original fell out and I couldn't find it on the floor.

Thanks for the replies, i've changed the weather protectors many times, still the same really. Its just annoying when phonak advertise the Naida v sp as water resistant on the main website(picture of the aid covered in water) and they also state it is suitable to be used outdoors, during heavy exercise(sweating) I cant see how this can be true because if you get the slightest drop of water on the top 2 weather protectors the sound becomes distorted/ whistling etc etc whilst they are still wet.
Cheers

Thanks for the replies, i've changed the weather protectors many times, still the same really. Its just annoying when phonak advertise the Naida v sp as water resistant on the main website(picture of the aid covered in water) and they also state it is suitable to be used outdoors, during heavy exercise(sweating) I cant see how this can be true because if you get the slightest drop of water on the top 2 weather protectors the sound becomes distorted/ whistling etc etc whilst they are still wet.
Cheers

I would very much recommend getting a Dry and Store. I use it every night and it works wonders. Meant to help with distortion, poor sound etc.

Yes, definitely get the Dry & Store, it will definitely help with any moisture issues. I don't use mine very often as where I live is really dry.. but for rainy days or if a nephew decides to get me with a water gun, into the Dry & Store my hearing aid goes overnight and it's fine the next day.

I hate getting my Nadias wet let alone working outside in the heat with them on I'm not willing to take a gamble to test their water resistance gimmick far too expensive to try and test! All electronics will have issues if dipped in water or even mositure build up occurs from sitting on a part behind the ear with lots of sweat rolling down no matter what they try its not gonna be totally water resistant ever.

Thanks! I'll be checkin em out! Anyone used one of these on a nadia before? Any feedback or static?

I havent used any of them but my friend has used Super Seals for her Phonaks and no problem. no feedback or anything either.

I get awful feedback with wearing the ear gears on my Naidas but mine are so maxed out. That is the reason my Audi gives for it feed backing.

yeah, I don't bother with any moisture protection covers cause I know my hearing aid will feedback. Just covering my hearing aid/ear with my hand makes it feedback.

Just ordered some ear gears for my naida sp hearing aids- i'm expecting terrible feedback with them on, haven't got them yet. Like what other members have already stated, I get feedback also by waving my hand close to my ears.

The joys of being deaf hey!

On the plus side I get a damn good peacefull nights sleep with my HA's out in this hot weather with the windows wide open! I can't hear any road traffic at all!:D

Just ordered some ear gears for my naida sp hearing aids- i'm expecting terrible feedback with them on, haven't got them yet. Like what other members have already stated, I get feedback also by waving my hand close to my ears.

The joys of being deaf hey!

On the plus side I get a damn good peacefull nights sleep with my HA's out in this hot weather with the windows wide open! I can't hear any road traffic at all!:D

There are plus sides to being deaf!

You may not get feedback as I have a friend with SP Naida and she is able to use the ear gears.

Most of my lost is in the low frequencies which mean you get more feedback anyway.

Good Luck, hope they work.

Just curious, what size did you get?

Darren.

Just something I thought of. Do you have the FM battery draws on yours? Everyone who I know that has nhs Naida aids do not have the fully closed battery draws. This means your aids are not classed as water resistant. This maybe just my hospital that does this tho.

There are plus sides to being deaf!

You may not get feedback as I have a friend with SP Naida and she is able to use the ear gears.

Most of my lost is in the low frequencies which mean you get more feedback anyway.

Good Luck, hope they work.

Just curious, what size did you get?

Cheers for the feedback, always promising to know at least. I can't remember which size exackly I got, sure it was 1.75-2 inch ones

Darren.

Just something I thought of. Do you have the FM battery draws on yours? Everyone who I know that has nhs Naida aids do not have the fully closed battery draws. This means your aids are not classed as water resistant. This maybe just my hospital that does this tho.

I don't have any extra attachments on my Naida sp- Just the plain hearing aids themselves which the nhs supplied( shame they don't give you a choice in the fancy colours(like yours) then again i'd probably be asking for too much considering I was lucky not to pay for mine.:hmm:

Back