Just incase interested - Naida S water resistant rating

It's not any fancy attachments. It's a battery draw (where you battery goes) that has a little hole at the top of it.

Thanks for telling me what size you got. :)

I just asked for coloured ones and they let me have them. Quite lucky really. :)

Last edited:
Hi again- been a while since i posted so thought i'd do an update. I purchased some hearing aid ear gear covers(beige) to try help me with my sweat behing my ear issue when i work out or do hard labour outside, they work ok however they do get soaked and the naida sp hearing aids start giving annoying whistling feedback.
Does anyone on here have any good water resistant aids that work well even when covered in moisture ie sweat? I've hard about some phonak aids BTE that are nano coated H20 versions. Just wondering if any feedback would be great:)

Try super seals first before spending out on new aids. Super seals are 'more' waterproof the ear gears but still can not be submerged in water.

Never seen them in my life.

You seem to have lots of trouble with sweat. I use a dry and store box in the nIght to help absorb moisture. It really does work and even if I do get very sweaty in the day, the dry and store spets it out during the night.

Zephyr drying box - connevans.co.uk

Interesting info- certainly sheds some light on a few issues regarding that hearing aid.hmm

Dont think you will ever get perfect but if you get a dry and store most of your problems will get better!

I also find if the weather protectors get old, they whistle which means I change my weather protectors every 6 months.

Phonak recommend every 3 months.

I use the original size Ear Gear with the Naida, and I get no feedback.

If I would put my hand close to the Naida, I know it would feedback, but Ear Gear has never been a problem in that way.

My worst loss is in the higher frequencies.

I use the original size Ear Gear with the Naida, and I get no feedback.

If I would put my hand close to the Naida, I know it would feedback, but Ear Gear has never been a problem in that way.

My worst loss is in the higher frequencies.

you worst loss is in the higer frequenceies?
not sure? water resistant?

I have worst to happened bit damage on water resistant my hearing aid

Hi, went to see a private hearing centre to enquire about having some different hearing aids. I was told about Phonak Ambra petite CIC. they look amazing and the audiologist seems content that they would be ok for my hearing loss- moderate/servere in my right ear and servere/profound in my left ear. Ok they are expensive (£4700 pair) but they look amazing and have some many available gadgets/ remotes and as they are in the ear canal, i wouldn't have to worry about sweating.

Hi, went to see a private hearing centre to enquire about having some different hearing aids. I was told about Phonak Ambra petite CIC. they look amazing and the audiologist seems content that they would be ok for my hearing loss- moderate/servere in my right ear and servere/profound in my left ear. Ok they are expensive (£4700 pair) but they look amazing and have some many available gadgets/ remotes and as they are in the ear canal, i wouldn't have to worry about sweating.

CIC or ITC the ear are more likely to break down. They are more known for needing more repairs.

Your aids now can have remote control and streamers linked to them.

Hi, Thats interesting to know- can i use the icom and bluetooth loop for phone/ipod with this aid without having to have anything extra attached to the naida sp aid itself?
Thanks

Yep, it just goes round your neck. Nothing else on the aids.

It has improved software on them as well so you can buy from Connevans / Deaf Equipment and it will work straight away. If you need any fine tuning to be able to hear better with the iCom/ComPilot program's then you would need to go back to the hosp.

I'm just about to get yet another fitting session for my ComPilot which is the newer iCom. I had 4 and it's still not right.

Back