Just found out...

sonocativo

Reaction score
Some of you may remember I posted about a good friend from school that I played in a band with during high school... He was battling stage 4 colon cancer and was in remission at the time. Well, He hung up his drumsticks last year unexpectedly and I haven't heard anything else since, he disappeared from FB and everything came to a stop????
Today I was trying to get in touch with him and this is what I found out......
R.I.P. good friend, you are missed.
https://www.riverfronttimes.com/stlouis/best-drummer/BestOf?oid=2512742

My condolences to you. :(

I'm sorry that it took so long for the news to get to you. It was a nice story about him.

It is a sad way to find out.

I had the same experience last year. I had a buddy from college for many years. He lived on the West Coast and I on the East Coast. We spoke on the phone at least monthly for years. I never really got to know his family. We had each others numbers memorized. So, no one knew how to get in touch with me. After not hearing from him for the holidays, and 3 months afterwards, I did a search for his name and found the same thing...An Internet posting RIP that his son put up.

My sympathies to you Sono... always shocking and sad I think.

I found out about an old comic chat friend's death some months after she passed away when her grandson tagged her in a tribute post on FB. I knew she had been ill for years but she was one tough...cookie (trying to stay clean lol). I still haven't found actual proof though like an obituary :(. Glad I got to meet her in person at least once.

Oh no, I'm sorry about your friend. :(

My friend died from stomach and colon cancer in 2014, it was awful for us.

My condolences...

Sorry to hear about your friend, I have bandmates who have gone MIA for years, bet marriage is the likely cause here. lol

Ive been trying to get in touch with him for awhile, but wasn't getting any responses since the last time we spoke and chatted... I started digging around and contacting other friends we had in common and sadly this is what I find out. I'm baffled as to why I wasn't contacted for the funeral and it seems his wife is no longer on any social medias..... He seemed to be doing really well and in high spirit playing in the bands and all the sudden he hung up his sticks last we talked, I'm assuming he had some bad news and just wanted to spend the rest of his days with his family without everyone knowing his days were numbered? It was odd, but apparently it was shortly after that, that he left this world.

I assumed he want his peace without anyone know.. I can feel your pain for missing your loved one so much. My condolence send the prayer for your loved one.

Back