Jury Summons!

BartSimpsx24x

Reaction score
I got Jury Summons in letter! I filled out green part. I called courthouse like paper says. The interpreter on VRS told me that number that I called is wrong number! I was like wtf! Then I called other interpreter and they told me that number is blocked from other state calls. So I realize the interpreter is from other state and I asked them please transfer to California interpreter and they said they cannot do that because of their policy. I did this before and it worked fine. Now not anymore. I wonder they banned VRS calls and they forcing us using TTY again! I am not gonna take box out and using TTY again! Waste my money! Is there anything I can do about this?

try ip relay sprint. it worked for me. I can ask for a male voice when i did job interviews or asked the doctor.

I got Jury Summons in letter! I filled out green part. I called courthouse like paper says. The interpreter on VRS told me that number that I called is wrong number! I was like wtf! Then I called other interpreter and they told me that number is blocked from other state calls. So I realize the interpreter is from other state and I asked them please transfer to California interpreter and they said they cannot do that because of their policy. I did this before and it worked fine. Now not anymore. I wonder they banned VRS calls and they forcing us using TTY again! I am not gonna take box out and using TTY again! Waste my money! Is there anything I can do about this?

I look thru Jury Summons form and I found correct phone number (local number) for courthouse and I called that number and it worked same way as 800 number. So I will do that from on. Good to know. They had to move me to different date due to interpreter. So will I be charge to use interpreter?

no charge since the FCC paid for all VP calls through the TRS trust fund.

I look thru Jury Summons form and I found correct phone number (local number) for courthouse and I called that number and it worked same way as 800 number. So I will do that from on. Good to know. They had to move me to different date due to interpreter. So will I be charge to use interpreter?

I mean using interpreter in court will I be charge?
No. The court is supposed to pay the interpreters. (You will need two if the session is more than two hours.) Make sure they are certified for the legal specialty.

I mean using interpreter in court will I be charge?

you really need to know your rights- if anything is government related, they (the government) are required to pony up the cash for a terp for you no matter what type of interaction you have with them. Doesnt matter they called you or you called them.

found out the interpreter's office at the local courthouse. usually they handled all foreign languages. If none, try the clerk of the court. if you can, have the name of a certified sign language legal interpreter ready.

Go to the courthouse or call them and tell them that you need interperter for the jury and they should take care from there. I once went to courthouse and request 2 interpeter due to my exh is also deaf. So they got 2 interpeter for me. So I was all set.

I do not have to jury duty ! My audiologist wrote a letter for saying I was too HOH to understand what was being said! My name been taken off the list!

Usually courts don't want to pay for interpreters.

One of my friend got into a problem with courts and he wanted to stick it to them.
He knew he would be proven not guilty and he had all his friends come on and testify, etc etc. He requested DI's and all. The trail cost the county $120,000 in interpreter fees and he walked away laughing.

Back