Jury find Philip Chism guilty of first degree murder of his teacher

Good.

This trial must have been very painful for her family to endure. :(

Good.

This trial must have been very painful for her family to endure. :(

Yes I agree , one family member of the teacher broke down crying when the court verdicts were being read :( The teacher was very popular with the students at the school she was only 24 years old . This is so senseless and tragic . :( I don't follow trials all the time but I did with this one .

colleen-ritzer-danzer-teacher-hero-576x347.jpg
Colleen Ritzer RIP

We've only begun...now they're going to argue he was 14 and his brain wasn't fully developed...let him out in five years "on good behavior."

Laura

We've only begun...now they're going to argue he was 14 and his brain wasn't fully developed...let him out in five years "on good behavior."

Laura

I hope that will not be the case here ! His brain was developed enough to know he needed to try and hide the body .

Laura

I really hope they keep him in prison for a very long time. Unfortunately, because he was a juvenile, he can't get life without parole. A year ago, he attacked a female worker at the juvenile detention facility where he was being held, in a similar way to how he had attacked and murdered his teacher: http://www.wcvb.com/news/philip-chism-attacked-dys-staff-member-sheriffs-office-says/26307642 I don't think he's capable of "good behavior." I think he's a psychopath like Ted Bundy and others like him. At least he was caught early in his life, before he was able to kill more people. Not early enough for the woman he murdered, unfortunately. I believe with the worst sentence he could get (because of his age), he'll be eligible for parole in 25 years, when he'd be about 40 years old. If he makes it that long and qualifies for parole, he sounds like the kind of person who would go right back to killing again.

I really hope they keep him in prison for a very long time. Unfortunately, because he was a juvenile, he can't get life without parole.

He was tried as an adult...so yes, he can....and I pray for the victim's family and the families of future victims if he's released, that he never sees the light of day again.

He was tried as an adult...so yes, he can....and I pray for the victim's family and the families of future victims if he's released, that he never sees the light of day again.

He was tried as an adult, but because he was only 14 when he committed the murder and there are new limits on the sentences juveniles can receive (regardless of whether they're charged as adults), he can get a maximum of life with the possibility of parole after 15 to 25 years. He can't be sentenced to life without parole. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...chism-trial/UV10twt509uZ5rxJ0bFTAK/story.html However, it's possible that the judge could sentence him to consecutive sentences for each of the 3 charges he was found guilty of, which would keep him in prison longer than 15-25 years.

I really hope they keep him in prison for a very long time. Unfortunately, because he was a juvenile, he can't get life without parole. A year ago, he attacked a female worker at the juvenile detention facility where he was being held, in a similar way to how he had attacked and murdered his teacher: http://www.wcvb.com/news/philip-chism-attacked-dys-staff-member-sheriffs-office-says/26307642 I don't think he's capable of "good behavior." I think he's a psychopath like Ted Bundy and others like him. At least he was caught early in his life, before he was able to kill more people. Not early enough for the woman he murdered, unfortunately. I believe with the worst sentence he could get (because of his age), he'll be eligible for parole in 25 years, when he'd be about 40 years old. If he makes it that long and qualifies for parole, he sounds like the kind of person who would go right back to killing again.
They said that he killed her due to a psycotic episode. I think they need to lock him up in a secure mental insistion.

And released after five years when "he's cured." And soon to resume the same behavior....

Nope. I predict that he will be locked up for life. You cannot cure a psychopath....Even if it was due to insanity, he'd be locked up in a mental insistuion

His lawyers think you can, maybe they're the ones that are insane and needs to be locked up in a mental institution .

He choked and punched a social worker too.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/5-investig...bout-teen-accused-of-killing-teacher/29852896

This tell a little about his family background.
Yeah I know. That's proof he is indeed dangerous. I think there needs to be some sort of way to " red flag" very dangerous juveniles. The overwhelming majority of juveniles who kill are gang members. Random WTF killings like these by juveniles are very very rare....thank GAWD!

V
I hope that will not be the case here ! His brain was developed enough to know he needed to try and hide the body .

I always find it interesting
That a 14 year olds brain ia fully developed without a doubt when it comes to murder and the consequences.
Yet never is when it comes to sex.

On one hand they are always "children" even up to 17 or 18...even.
As countless.threads on here would have it,and on the other. They are fully developed, knowing what they are doing. And should suffer the consequences as adults.

Fascniating

Last edited:
Are there not special places for under 18yr olds go to where they get help disaplin and find the reasoning why they done this,and one day in future could be released and join in society give them that chance if it don't work then shove him into prison.

Back