Judge: Complaint About Neighbors' Sex Lives 'Excessive'

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Couple Will Receive Compensatory Damages

(CNN) -- A Brazilian couple will receive thousands of dollars in compensatory damages after a judge ruled that a neighbor violated their privacy when he filed a public complaint making allegations about their sex lives.

Lucas Bohrer Filho alleged that the noise coming from his neighbors' condo in suburban Rio de Janeiro was "behavior only acceptable in brothels or roadside motels," according to a statement released by a Nova Friburgo court.

He reported constantly hearing "indiscreet and scandalous" cries in a complaint he filed with the neighborhood relations board that regulates their condominium building, saying he was worried such conduct would "tarnish the image of other residents of the building."

Instead of responding to the complaint, Jose Carlos Santos Lauriodo and Rita Lauriodo Maccorde Brandao filed a lawsuit, alleging Bohrer Filho had violated their privacy by filing the complaint, which is a public document.

The couple also argued that the issue should have been addressed directly with them.

In siding with the couple, Judge Sergio Jeronimo Abreu da Silveira of the Fourth District Civil Court in Nova Friburgo ruled that Bohrer Filho's actions were "unreasonable," "excessive" and "tarnished the reputation of the defendants."

Lauriodo and Brandao have been awarded 5,100 Brazilian reais (about $3,200) each in compensatory damages.

Judge: Complaint About Neighbors' Sex Lives 'Excessive' - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

I'm surprised no one's filed a complaint against my husband and me for our adventures. ;)

Oops. Did I just say that out loud?!

There was this couple that lived above us, and every night we could hear and feel the banging going on....my husband could not sleep......Well, my husband did talk to the guy about it (in a laughing way)....and finally came up with a solution.....They put cinder blocks under their bed. We had no more problems after that....even became good friends.

what was the business of Lucas Bohrer Filho in the first place?

it look like the dude was getting jealous

Back