Jolicloud the new OS

Dismal Shadow

"Yours. Not mine."
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was invited to try out Jolicloud and I am excited to try it out. For those who don't know what Jolicloud is, Jolicloud is an Internet operating system based on Linux. A Social Netbook OS
To those who are tech savvy check it out.
Jolicloud, a cool new OS for your netbook

It's a cloud base OS which means that you don't store info in hard drive, you get it from Internet storage server. Ubuntu have "Ubuntu Cloud" too. It means that you can save files to Internet Storage server and when you go different place but using someone else's PC and use Live CD method or Linux on USB Flashdrive, boot it up on their PC with Linux and you can log in and retrieve files from "ISS". Pretty flexible but I wouldn't trust into using it because it's like Tmobile's data storage server crashed and you lose 'em all.

I will check it out and see which Distro it use on Jolicloud.

Catty

Ummph!! It's invitation only. I just sent my Email for invitation. Once I'm "invited" in then I would download the file and burn it to CD. I would play with it on my laptop or PC lol. I check the hardware compatibility for Netbooks and it seem most would work with it but few may have some issue.

Catty

Back