Joe the Plumber Open to 2010 Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hear Again

Reaction score
Anderson Cooper 360: Blog Archive - Joe the Plumber open to 2010 run « - Blogs from CNN.com

Joe the Plumber open to 2010 run

Posted: 06:08 PM ET
Permalink | 14 Comments | Add a comment

Joe Wurzelbacher said he may run for Congress in 2010.
Alexander Mooney
CNN Ticker ProducerCould Joe the Plumber become Joe the congressman?

Joe Wurzelbacher, the most famous plumber in America thanks to John McCain and Sarah Palin, told conservative talk radio host Laura Ingraham Friday he’s considering a run for Congress in 2010.

That would pit Wurzelbacher against longtime Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur for Ohio’s 9th district on the state’s northern border, which includes Toledo and Sandusky. “I’ll tell you what, we’d definitely be in one heck of a fight, Marcy Kaptur definitely has a following in this area,” he said of the possibility. “But, you know, I’d be up for it.”

Wurzelbacher’s chances would likely be slim. Kaptur has served in the district for 25 years, and remains a popular figure there. She won reelection in 2006 with nearly 75 percent of the vote and is expected to easily sail through another reelection this year.

But Wurzelbacher, who gained fame after he challenged Barack Obama on his tax plan earlier this month, has attained a certain rock-star status in the Republican Party and his entrance into the race would likely be greeted with instant excitement and media coverage.

Ingraham herself said she would immediately volunteer for his campaign and help him with campaign advertising and PR. Meanwhile, the National Republican Congressional Committee said they would welcome Wurzelbacher’s candidacy with “open arms.”

I doubtfully that he will run so successfully since he don't pay taxes and lacks of experience.

Screw on him.

I agree. As the article stated, he'll be running against Marcy Kaptur -- a Democratic Rep. who has 25 years of experience. "Joe the Plumber" has a snowball's chance in h*ll of being elected.

Never know...voters can be weird and can vote someone for the wrong reasons. I wouldnt vote for him.

Never know...voters can be weird and can vote someone for the wrong reasons. I wouldnt vote for him.

You aren't from Toledo area then you should be fine.

Joe the Tax Cheat...

Joe the UnLicensed Plumber...

And you want him to run? Ok.

Joe the Tax Cheat...

Joe the UnLicensed Plumber...

And you want him to run? Ok.

I think that's a little misleading; I understand that in some townships in that area do not require a license. So maybe he is legally able to do all but the most technical of plumbing work.

Its not the matter of winning or losing. Whats great is even Joe the plumber can get up and run for congress. It should inspire some people.

-

I think that's a little misleading; I understand that in some townships in that area do not require a license. So maybe he is legally able to do all but the most technical of plumbing work.

It is required in his city. Said that all apprentices MUST have licenses.

I have a feeling that after November 4th has passed, "Joe the Plumber" will be nothing but a distant memory... :io:

Unlicensed plumber who owes taxes, back rents, unpaid medical bills, take care of his outstanding traffic warrants, and you want him to run for Congress? Ok.

Unlicensed plumber who owes taxes, back rents, unpaid medical bills, take care of his outstanding traffic warrants, and you want him to run for Congress? Ok.

Same old, Netrox; I never said I wanted him to run for anything.

I have a feeling that after November 4th has passed, "Joe the Plumber" will be nothing but a distant memory... :io:

Yep! Just getting his 15 minutes of fame!

Yes, right, but didn't he mostly work in the outlying townships?

As far as I know, the only way an Apprentice Plumber does not need to be licensed if if a licensed Master Plumber supervises and reviews his work in any type of structure. It varies by state of course. I was never licensed when I did plumbing work in apartments because a Master Plumber was my supervisor.

few days on CNN a Quick Vote poll show about 80% voted no to Joe if he were to run for congress.

Yep! Just getting his 15 minutes of fame!

Yeah, gotta love those 15 minutes of fame. :lol:
Joe the Plumber. That one's going in the history books, though. Sad state of affairs for a proud nation that kicked british asses and attained its independence, methinks...

I agree. As the article stated, he'll be running against Marcy Kaptur -- a Democratic Rep. who has 25 years of experience. "Joe the Plumber" has a snowball's chance in h*ll of being elected.

First Sarah Palin, and now Joe the Plumber. This is would be funny if it wasn't so danged scary!:shock:

Sorry, I doesn´t mean to laugh at you but that title of article... :laugh2: :rofl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back