JILLIAN'S in Farmingdale, NY - 02/26/05

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone: PLEASE MARK YOUR CALENDAR for FEBRUARY.

The next Deaf social events will be on: Saturday, February 26th at Jillian’s in Farmingdale, NY. We will be meeting at the entrance to the GAME ROOM (near the bowling/bar area). Door opens at 7:00 p.m.

Go to www.jillians.com for directions. Be sure to click on the FARMINGDALE location.

PLEASE NOTE: If you are OVER 21 there is NO COVER CHARGE!! There will be a cover charge of $5.00 for anyone under the age of 21 arriving after 7:00 pm. So arrive early if you don't want to be charged the $5.00. If you are charged the cover fee of $5.00-you will be given a $5 playing card to use in the game room.

C.O.D.A. (Children of Deaf Adults), Interpreters, Deaf Families, students and faculty members of NCC, SCCC, and Bloomsburg University are all welcome. Looking forward to seeing you there!! Should be a great time.

Any questions please email me at: Rosey101@aol.com. If you would like to be placed on the mailing list, email at the above email address but be sure to state in the subject area: Add me to the Jillian's Mailing List.

Your Hostess,
Laura ‘Rose’

When:
7:30 PM, Saturday 26 February 2005
Where:
JILLIAN'S
261 Airport Plaza Blvd.
Farmingdale, NY 11735

Jillian's Policy: Anyone under 21 years old MUST LEAVE at 10 pm. This rule will continue thru the summer. NO EXCEPTIONS!!

Thank You!

Ah... kewl!

We used to have a Jillians here in Rochester. Unfortunately, they shut down last year. Oh well!

VamPyroX said:
Ah... kewl!

We used to have a Jillians here in Rochester. Unfortunately, they shut down last year. Oh well!

yea.. but how come?? lack of people??

I wish that deafies would get together @ Jillians at Mall of America. I dunno where they are now since they don't hang out at Stargate anymore.

I didn't know there was other jillian's in other states. I thought Seattle has the only one jillian's bar near Space Needle. Lot of deaf/hearing who sign ASL social there every 1st Friday of the month.

zesty said:
yea.. but how come?? lack of people??
The building they were operating from was too expensive, the location kinda sucked (you had to pay for parking & money goes to Rochester, not Jillians), they didn't earn enough money to keep going, and fewer young people were coming. That's why.

Last year, they passed a new law saying that people under 21 are not allowed in clubs and bars during the weekend. A huge percentage of the customers that attend these clubs and bars are under 21. A lot of clubs and bars near Jillian's have close as well for the same reason. Ugh!

VamPyroX said:
The building they were operating from was too expensive, the location kinda sucked (you had to pay for parking & money goes to Rochester, not Jillians), they didn't earn enough money to keep going, and fewer young people were coming. That's why.

Last year, they passed a new law saying that people under 21 are not allowed in clubs and bars during the weekend. A huge percentage of the customers that attend these clubs and bars are under 21. A lot of clubs and bars near Jillian's have close as well for the same reason. Ugh!

yea.. i didn't like that location either.. the parking was IMPOSSIBLE.. sheesh!!

zesty said:
yea.. i didn't like that location either.. the parking was IMPOSSIBLE.. sheesh!!
Yep, I always had to shell out $2 for parking. One time, I went to Jillian's after parking my car and they told me that the place was full and that they couldn't accept any more people. My date and I went back to the parking garage and informed them that we would like a refund since we weren't gone for more than five minutes. They refused to give me my refund. Jeez!

Their games were too expensive as well. I mean, $2 just to play a racing game? In the mall or movie theaters, it's only 50 cents! They just try to confuse us by using points instead of actual cost so people don't really remember how much they're really spending. Even worse, the games cost an unusual amount of points. For instance, you pay for 1,000 points. One game costs 336 points and another game costs 460 points. That's a total of 796 points. That leaves me with only 204 points. The next game we want to play costs 205 points and we can't even play that game. Dammit! I guess that's their unfair strategy of getting people to buy more points or paying more for unused points. :roll:

zesty said:
what do you think!?

hump each other! uh oh! did i say that out loud!? :rofl:

Ahhhhh so that means you ve done that yourself to other men? Get a grip of yourself, zestyhorny! :giggle:

wow. I didnt think of that one, where I went , only one time. its been a long time.
ahh, Feb 26th... I wish I can going, but I'd have a planing on that day.
have fun, everyones if you're going there :P

Back