JEEZ @ Hearing People & Customer Services!

One lady at fast food. She got ugliest attitude. So is it my fault? I Ordered the meal nicely. So who fault?

I will tell you a real story about fast food chains. I am not exaggerating, this is exactly how it happend. I went to a fast food restaurant. When it was my turn to order I said " I would like to have one big chicken royale menu, with ice tea and extra chicken tenders. " He replied to me "so you want one chicken menu with coke ". I said no no, I want one big chicken royale with ice tea and extra chicken tenders. He said "so its one regular size chicken menu with ice tea and chicken tenders. I said no no I want ... :rofl:

It became tragicomic after that point. I swear the god, we played this game two or three more times. Every single time he found a way to mistake order. Even if you do it intentionaly you can not create that many miscombinations :)

So hearing customer service attitude... huh pointless. So mean Deaf people "CAN'T" attitude to customer service... huh!? I don't think so. What Fair!?

You are right, demand corrections. More customers take it serious , more careful they become. The moment customers stop raising their concerns , companies start taking advantage of it immediatly. It doesnt mean , every time its a bad company or a mean person , but yes if you wont demand change , they will not change. Customers are actually making companies a favor. We are not only adding to their profits but also helping them to become better companies. But some companies have the attitude of they are making us a favor . Dont they?

Hermes

You are right, demand corrections. More customers take it serious , more careful they become. The moment customers stop raising their concerns , companies start taking advantage of it immediatly. It doesnt mean , every time its a bad company or a mean person , but yes if you wont demand change , they will not change. Customers are actually making companies a favor. We are not only adding to their profits but also helping them to become better companies. But some companies have the attitude of they are making us a favor . Dont they?

Hermes

I never looked at it like that. That is a very good point.

...You need to stop accusing deaf, handicap, blind, and etc... Hearing people never "never" attitude to deaf people? Yea right...; They always attitude and impatient with deaf people....

No, hearing people don't always act impatient with lousy attitudes towards deaf people. The ones at my work are learning sign and said that I should be asking them to do more for me because I'm so underdemanding.

I've never had anyone turn down my usage of paper and pens.

:hmm:I'm not saying all hearing people are mean and bad. Just I noticed how they treat deaf people with their attitudes for no reasons. Sometimes Customer Services begin lazy and not want to help which aren't professor.
I'm really glad the customer services and hearing people are really nice and mature to others.
I'm not begin mean to hearing people. Just the way they threats people with their attitudes and lack respects. Makes me digust. My oponion if they are bad mood or else, just don't show their bad expression to the customers and innonce people. That aren't professor, it very improper. Employees ought to be manner and do the right things because Job is Job. That is part of life. Managers and Superviors (expect) would likes to see their employees a postivies attitudes.
I've many hearing friends and families whole my life. They're more matures, good attitudes, and poitives. If they are in bad mood, they would never bring their moods to the jobs or people. For an example "MASK":aw:
My good hearing friend who she want to be an interpreter. She know sign language. We went to the fast food. She tried to use sign language, cuz she think it fun and curious. She sign the number like "4" lady who work at the fast food. She has bad facial expression. She said WHAT?! My friend puzzled and just keep cool and said with her voice number 4 please. Lady said uh ok then! WHOA... attitude. My friend said what is her problem!? I told her no idea. That is why I dislike custom service with attitude.
OKAY!! So I will take your'all advice to bring pen and paper. Also Use text on my mobile to show them what I would likes to order. "BUT" I don't want them touch my mobile, EW! ( germs )
What If customer service give me an ugly attitude or not motivate to help. What am I suppose to do? Advice :)

Jeebus. I dont think it s hard to bring your own pen and paper. Deaf people need to understand this: World do not revolves you and no body owes you anything.
If I was deaf I would always have a pen and paper handy.

:hmm:I'm not saying all hearing people are mean and bad. Just I noticed how they treat deaf people with their attitudes for no reasons. Sometimes Customer Services begin lazy and not want to help which aren't professor.
The same thing happens to hearing people too my friend. In may not have anything to do with you being deaf.

:
What If customer service give me an ugly attitude or not motivate to help. What am I suppose to do? Advice :)

It think it depends on the business. If it was a fast food restaurant , I would say never mind them. They pay so little wage, they never attract right people. Even the manager knows if he fires her , he wont find so much better replacements. I, myself, dont bother too much if they give a bad service. You only upset yourself, they never change.

If its a store, or a good restaurant, or a hotel or some kind of big company , then I look into situation. If their service is not vital to me, I look in if they have any hope for a change. If they dont, then I do not bother. I just take my business elsewhere. If their service is very important to me, like a utility company, or local phone company, then I take action regardless of they can change or not.

Writing them a letter works better with big companies and places like hotels, or big stores. Talking to them is usually enough for solving the problem at the moment but they usually act like listening to you and then the moment you leave they forget. Letter always give a more professional and offical impression.

While writing a letter it is important to always be kind, firm but never offensive. The moment people feel they are being attacked, they stop listening what you are saying even if you are one hundred percent right. I always ask somebody else to check my letters. I am guilty of using my girlfriends as my editor :) . It is important because we usually do not see our mistakes while writing. I can see somebody else's mistakes easier than my own. But a letter hard to read or full of mistakes will never get attention.

At the end , take action because if none of us do then nothing changes. It is imporant to remind them we take things serious , or they got lazy. But do not expect big changes. There was many times I showed them their mistakes in their business practices but I still took my business elsewhere. I did it for helping them, but I also knew they were unlikely to change and I prefered to get services from a company I can do better business with.

I hope these will help
Hermes

I read your whole post that you made your own thread and complained about hearing people and customer service. I have the same experience like you. I used to work at supermarket bagging product. I didn't like some hearing people treated me crap. They thought I ignore her. When I pack and organize the bag. The bitch lady grabbed the orange juice away and put on cart seat from bagger. She was being jerk at me. I was alike geez. I told her I can't hear. She gave me an ugly attitude. I told her I can't hear! She kept talk blah blah. I walked and avoid from her. I report to team member the lady was yelled at me. My team member told me go other lane. My husband used to work same as mine. He was a cashier. He didn't like the people's treat crap. He noticed that I was not social with hearing people at work. Because I don't like to use my write on paper and pen a lot. I am tired of many papers get wore out and throw it away. But I don't like people nosy and read my mini notebook of conversation to people. I prefer use my own blackberry's memo instead of paper and pen. I am tired of carrying a paper and pen all the times. I was frustrate with hearing people who is work at fast food and store. Some hearing people are nice and get a paper and pen ready. Some people know sign language a little bit.

Some hearing people are bad mood or not understand about deaf. If I have problem with customer service. I will report to her or his boss. I can get other worker and customer service. I understand that you're proud to be deaf yourself. You suppose not give a bad attitude back to her. You can report to her boss or manager. That's simple. She can be rude about your sk or blackberry's message. You know I let my hearing friends to typing a message on my memo blackberry to talk with me. I am not complain about typing to share. I can use my hand sanitizer before typing. It keep your fingernails clean. If you don't comfortable with ugly attitude woman. You don't have to go that place anymore. You can get other place. That's simple.

I'm really glad the customer services and hearing people are really nice and mature to others.
I'm not begin mean to hearing people. Just the way they threats people with their attitudes and lack respects. Makes me digust. My oponion if they are bad mood or else, just don't show their bad expression to the customers and innonce people. That aren't professor, it very improper. Employees ought to be manner and do the right things because Job is Job. That is part of life. Managers and Superviors (expect) would likes to see their employees a postivies attitudes.
I've many hearing friends and families whole my life. They're more matures, good attitudes, and poitives. If they are in bad mood, they would never bring their moods to the jobs or people. For an example "MASK":aw:
My good hearing friend who she want to be an interpreter. She know sign language. We went to the fast food. She tried to use sign language, cuz she think it fun and curious. She sign the number like "4" lady who work at the fast food. She has bad facial expression. She said WHAT?! My friend puzzled and just keep cool and said with her voice number 4 please. Lady said uh ok then! WHOA... attitude. My friend said what is her problem!? I told her no idea. That is why I dislike custom service with attitude.
OKAY!! So I will take your'all advice to bring pen and paper. Also Use text on my mobile to show them what I would likes to order. "BUT" I don't want them touch my mobile, EW! ( germs )

I read your whole post that you made your own thread and complained about hearing people and customer service. I have the same experience like you.
Some hearing people are bad mood or not understand about deaf. If I have problem with customer service. I will report to her or his boss. I can get other worker and customer service. I understand that you're proud to be deaf yourself. You suppose not give a bad attitude back to her. You can report to her boss or manager. That's simple. She can be rude about your sk or blackberry's message. You know I let my hearing friends to typing a message on my memo blackberry to talk with me. I am not complain about typing to share. I can use my hand sanitizer before typing. It keep your fingernails clean. If you don't comfortable with ugly attitude woman. You don't have to go that place anymore. You can get other place. That's simple.

I agree with the part in bold from Pinky. I would do that too. Just don't return if bad customer service.

Nah.. It ok. :lol: I likes the shirt from the website cafepress.com Thanks. I'm going to surf that website and looking ideal shirts what I need. :hmm:
Hope I could find the shirts I needs. Also I likes the website called NO Hear at Welcome to NoHear.com, they have a cool shirts with text on it.

I don't like the link that you post with link. It's offend to hearing people. They will not appreciate it. If they are nice and friendly. How do they will feel when they saw your shirt that you wear it. They will be upset and feel hurt. It's offensive.

For example. If you're white and wear a shirt say "Black people suck and white is the best" when you walk the street in neighbor. How will black people's feel when they saw your shirt word. Will they beat you up?

I showed to my husband of link that I got it from you. My husband is hearing and not appreciate that word. He said "youtube" video like a gay. He don't really like this website. He think it's stupid.

How would you feel if hearing people wear a shirt with word say "Deaf suck and Hearing is the best" It's same.

I don't like the link that you post with link. It's offend to hearing people. They will not appreciate it. If they are nice and friendly. How do they will feel when they saw your shirt that you wear it. They will be upset and feel hurt. It's offensive.

:topic: or example. If you're white and wear a shirt say "Black people suck and white is the best" when you walk the street in neighbor. How will black people's feel when they saw your shirt word. Will they beat you up?

I showed to my husband of link that I got it from you. My husband is hearing and not appreciate that word. He said "youtube" video like a gay. He don't really like this website. He think it's stupid.

How would you feel if hearing people wear a shirt with word say "Deaf suck and Hearing is the best" It's same.

I do understand your point of view. Please check several youtube videos, hearing people mocks about deaf people; such as funny voice, insulting deaf, etc...
If hearing people dislike it, well it not our problem. A lot hearing people making fun of deaf people. So, I canno blame deaf people's point of views.
I likes several shirts that show we are deaf. I'm tired of hearing people keeps speaking even though I don't understand them. So I wear the shirt that show them I'm deaf.
I dislike hearing people pushing deaf people off limits. We've the rights; how we (DEAF) feels. "deaf's right"
If hearing people dislikes we mock them, therefore they ought to stop mocks about deaf.
I noticed your "WAYYY" off subject about black people. I'm not against black people. I loves them, I'm part of Black. I would never wear racism or racist shirts at all! Please don't bring up wayy off subect about racism and racist, I don't like it. THANKS

I read your whole post that you made your own thread and complained about hearing people and customer service. I have the same experience like you. I used to work at supermarket bagging product. I didn't like some hearing people treated me crap. They thought I ignore her. When I pack and organize the bag. The bitch lady grabbed the orange juice away and put on cart seat from bagger. She was being jerk at me. I was alike geez. I told her I can't hear. She gave me an ugly attitude. I told her I can't hear! She kept talk blah blah. I walked and avoid from her. I report to team member the lady was yelled at me. My team member told me go other lane. My husband used to work same as mine. He was a cashier. He didn't like the people's treat crap. He noticed that I was not social with hearing people at work. Because I don't like to use my write on paper and pen a lot. I am tired of many papers get wore out and throw it away. But I don't like people nosy and read my mini notebook of conversation to people. I prefer use my own blackberry's memo instead of paper and pen. I am tired of carrying a paper and pen all the times. I was frustrate with hearing people who is work at fast food and store. Some hearing people are nice and get a paper and pen ready. Some people know sign language a little bit.

OFC I've already knew. I never go there again after I've seen. I always go to the good restaurant with a good and positive attitudes. THanks for your advice :)

Good thing I can talk, if they don't understand what I need. :) Employees occassionally give me a bad attitude because it's who they are, not who you are. You don't expect everyone to be nice to you, period. Employees are people who just work, that's about it.

I do understand your point of view. Please check several youtube videos, hearing people mocks about deaf people; such as funny voice, insulting deaf, etc...
If hearing people dislike it, well it not our problem. A lot hearing people making fun of deaf people. So, I canno blame deaf people's point of views.
I likes several shirts that show we are deaf. I'm tired of hearing people keeps speaking even though I don't understand them. So I wear the shirt that show them I'm deaf.
I dislike hearing people pushing deaf people off limits. We've the rights; how we (DEAF) feels. "deaf's right"
If hearing people dislikes we mock them, therefore they ought to stop mocks about deaf.
I noticed your "WAYYY" off subject about black people. I'm not against black people. I loves them, I'm part of Black. I would never wear racism or racist shirts at all! Please don't bring up wayy off subect about racism and racist, I don't like it. THANKS

I am talking about an example for white and black. I didn't say you're racist. Black and white are same as deaf and hearing culture. This shirt is kind of rude and weird. It's my opinions.

Back