JEEZ @ Hearing People & Customer Services!

RSJokesterX

Reaction score
:aw:Every times, Friends and I went any where. Every times We request for pen and paper.
:pissed:EVERY PAIN AZZ TIMES! Hearing people doesn't understand what we ask for!?! OMG! :mad: I told them we're DEAF!:deaf:
So I uses my native communication such as pen (moving hand with grip) paper (hand open as flat where the other hand on it to swifting):wtf:
Even though they doesn't understand what I'm talking about. AHHHHHH.....

:pissed:SO... I begin attitude to the customer services. I used my voice "PEN AND PAPER!!" About the time; they understand what I'm asking for.
MUST VOICE HUH!?!?! OMG!

:twisted:I'm thinking about to create a new shirts with texts on it.
1. "I can't hear you, therefore please use hand writing."
2. "I don't want smell your breathe, just write down what you says."
3. "All I'm just see your lips flopping, even though I don't understand, Sorry!"
4. "I can't hear you, so you keeps talking, therefore you sing by your selves."
And more...

So what do yall think?

As a hostile person myself, I would probably buy one.

But you can already buy them at cafepress.com just search "deaf"

And you could type what you want on your Blackberry or other pager and show them the screen.

Sorry for sort of double post. I put the link in the next one.

As a hostile person myself, I would probably buy one.

But you can already buy them at cafepress.com just search "deaf"

And you could type what you want on your Blackberry or other pager and show them the screen.

Sorry for sort of double post. I put the link in the next one.

Nah.. It ok. :lol: I likes the shirt from the website cafepress.com Thanks. I'm going to surf that website and looking ideal shirts what I need. :hmm:
Hope I could find the shirts I needs. Also I likes the website called NO Hear at Welcome to NoHear.com, they have a cool shirts with text on it.

Neat site! I did not know about it. I just put it in my favorites.:ty:

:aw:Every times, Friends and I went any where. Every times We request for pen and paper.
:pissed: EVERY PAIN AZZ TIMES! Hearing people doesn't understand what we ask for!?! OMG! :mad: I told them we're DEAF! :deaf:
So I uses my native communication such as pen (moving hand with grip) paper (hand open as flat where the other hand on it to swifting) :wtf:
Even though they doesn't understand what I'm talking about. AHHHHHH.....
:pissed: SO... I begin attitude to the customer services. I used my voice "PEN AND PAPER!!" About the time; they understand what I'm asking for. MUST VOICE HUH!?!?! OMG!

I've always carried a pen and paper in my purse. Customer Service shouldn't necessarily have to be the one to provide that. If you know you're going to need it, it might be helpful for you to bring it with you. I am deaf, and I never once have thought that being deaf was a reason to start an attitude just because customer Service doesn't understand a request for pen and paper.

RSJokesterX;1070463 :pissed:SO... I begin attitude to the customer services. I used my voice "PEN AND PAPER!!" [B said:
About the time;[/B] they understand what I'm asking for.
MUST VOICE HUH!?!?! OMG!
So what do yall think?

I am a hearing person. I am sure there are times some people are trying to give hard time to deaf but in majority their intention is not being rude to you. They are people just like you. They have bills to pay, they are unhappy with their partners, they have problems at work, somebody is sick at their family, their dreams are lost and their mind is full with millions things. They go to work everyday and keep repeating things they never really pay attention to. Then a deaf person walks in and tells them something with hand gestures. What happens is you catch them off guard. They are not used to it so they panic and they dont know what to do. You know mind stops for a moment when you panic and you dont even understand the simplest thing. You are putting them in a position they are not used to deal with and they dont know how to react to it. Thats why everything becomes ok when you use your voice. It goes back to their daily pattern. Mind says I know how to respond to this request.

It would be different if they were interacting with deaf people more often. Then they would also add their reaction into their library and wouldnt be caught off guard. I am sure there are mean people in this world and they are not just mean to deaf people, they are mean to everybody. But please do not think every hearing person is trying to be rude to you or is against deaf people just because he doesnt know how to handle the situation. They are just like you, full of confusion, insecurities, problems. Inwards we are not that much different from each other.

Hermes

I would be polite and help them to understand what I need because that would benefit the next deaf person who shows up, who might be me again.

I am a hearing person. I am sure there are times some people are trying to give hard time to deaf but in majority their intention is not being rude to you. They are people just like you. They have bills to pay, they are unhappy with their partners, they have problems at work, somebody is sick at their family, their dreams are lost and their mind is full with millions things. They go to work everyday and keep repeating things they never really pay attention to. Then a deaf person walks in and tells them something with hand gestures. What happens is you catch them off guard. They are not used to it so they panic and they dont know what to do. You know mind stops for a moment when you panic and you dont even understand the simplest thing. You are putting them in a position they are not used to deal with and they dont know how to react to it. Thats why everything becomes ok when you use your voice. It goes back to their daily pattern. Mind says I know how to respond to this request.

It would be different if they were interacting with deaf people more often. Then they would also add their reaction into their library and wouldnt be caught off guard. I am sure there are mean people in this world and they are not just mean to deaf people, they are mean to everybody. But please do not think every hearing person is trying to be rude to you or is against deaf people just because he doesnt know how to handle the situation. They are just like you, full of confusion, insecurities, problems. Inwards we are not that much different from each other.

Hermes

:gpost:

Jeebus. I dont think it s hard to bring your own pen and paper. Deaf people need to understand this: World do not revolves you and no body owes you anything.

Jeebus. I dont think it s hard to bring your own pen and paper. Deaf people need to understand this: World do not revolves you and no body owes you anything.

Yes, I often bring my own notebook and pen when I go shopping. The people at the hardware store here are nice and ask what you are looking for so I write to them and they show me right away.

I don't feel like bring pen and paper all the time. Note pad tuck into pocket and pen into it too, I feel uncomfortable.
Where mine free feeling and comfortable. Deaf "MUST" bring pen and paper... Require!?! I'm not nerdy! Why don't hearing people "MUST" bring pen and paper also.
Customer service.... They have to serve what customers needs. That is part of life. Job is job.
If people has moody from out of job, They shouldn't bring to the job. Employees situations from outer aren't not customer's problems.
I don't care if they having problem and lack of common sense. It is not our problem. There is nothing we could do. We are customer, therefore they have to accept and serves any one who are customer.
I noticed several customer service attitude to deaf people. THey asked customer service nicely. So hearing customer service attitude... huh pointless. So mean Deaf people "CAN'T" attitude to customer service... huh!? I don't think so. What Fair!?
If they don't want deal with deaf, blind, handicap, etc.. therefore they have to find a isolate jobs. Haven't they read job policies yet?!
If I'm hearing people. I would loves to help customer needs. If they ask me for help, I would willing to help. That is part of job, "customer service". I cannot attitude or ignore customer's needs.
I'm not against hearing people. I've been tired of hearing people ignores, discrimination against deaf, and etc... which is kind of cruel to deaf people.

I'm not here to crisis. It the facts I've see my own eyes and heard ton of time.
I rather RESPECTS and COOPERATES. I'm proud to be deaf.
thanks
positive and have fun :D

No, you need to get real. Who said bringing a paper and pen is nerdy? And as somebody else posted, you could type it out on your sidekick/blackberry or whatever phone you have and show it to Customer Service. It is people with an attitude (whether deaf, blind, or whatever) that makes other people upset and not as willing to be helpful and friendly for fear they'll just get chomped on. What goes around comes around. (And I am deaf, I'm not a hearing person taking the side of hearing people. I'm just being realistic in that deaf people shouldn't use their deafness as an excuse to be rude and expect to be pampered upon.)

Last edited:
No, you need to get real. Who said bringing a paper and pen is nerdy? And as somebody else posted, you could type it out on your sidekick/blackberry or whatever phone you have and show it to Customer Service. It is people with an attitude (whether deaf, blind, or whatever) that makes other people upset and not as willing to be helpful and friendly for fear they'll just get chomped on. What goes around comes around. (And I am deaf, I'm not a hearing person taking the side of hearing people. I'm just being realistic in that deaf people shouldn't use their deafness as an excuse to be rude and expect to be pampered upon.)

Whatever you said. What if hearing people begin rude and attitude to deaf people... so obvious you not concerns about deaf people's feeling?
I'm not interesting people poking on deaf people. Are you demanding on deaf people "must, have to do so"
You need to stop accusing deaf, handicap, blind, and etc... Hearing people never "never" attitude to deaf people? Yea right...; They always attitude and impatient with deaf people.
Stop pushing and accuse on deaf people. think about it! I disagree what you said.
Hearing people have to learn general communities. What if different foreigns language appear to the customer service, their fault? NO! customer service's responsibilities!
Deaf people have a right! I don't blames at deaf people's feeling. I've noticed with my own eyes. Also I've heard how hearing people treat deaf people.
I've noticed hearing people don't want to handle any thing, they bored to serve to handle pen and paper to customers. So obviously their problem. Not us!
WOW.... your attitude seems accuse and demand on deaf people.....
As I said RESPECTS and COOPERATES!

Not at all. Most of my deaf friends are respectful and courteous, just like I am. There's always an occasional situation that gets handled badly, but if you feel like you have to be rude ALL the time, then that's YOUR problem. And you don't like the attitude you get from hearing people? Then stop giving them an attitude. What makes you so special just because you're deaf? You're just looking for attention and unfortunately I'm giving to you -- but I'm done with this subject because I think I've made myself perfectly clear and so have quite a few others in this thread that your attitude isn't the right way to go. :roll:

Not at all. Most of my deaf friends are respectful and courteous, just like I am. There's always an occasional situation that gets handled badly, but if you feel like you have to be rude ALL the time, then that's YOUR problem. And you don't like the attitude you get from hearing people? Then stop giving them an attitude. What makes you so special just because you're deaf? You're just looking for attention and unfortunately I'm giving to you -- but I'm done with this subject because I think I've made myself perfectly clear and so have quite a few others in this thread that your attitude isn't the right way to go. :roll:

ME? What if hearing people or customer service attitude to deaf or me. Is it deaf people or mine fault?
If Deaf person begin kindly ask the customer service "pen and paper please" or "would like to order" Hearing people attitude to deaf person. So, Is it their fault?
One lady at fast food. She got ugliest attitude. So is it my fault? I Ordered the meal nicely. So who fault?
so thanks for accusing deaf people and me.
I makes my self very clearly enough. Pay attention to the subjects I talked about.

thanks, have a nice day.

I don't feel like bring pen and paper all the time. Note pad tuck into pocket and pen into it too, I feel uncomfortable.
Where mine free feeling and comfortable. Deaf "MUST" bring pen and paper... Require!?! I'm not nerdy!

If carrying a pad of paper and a pen is nerdy then I am a full fledged nerd lol :lol: I always care some around with me but it isn't for communication because I am a hearie but because I like to be prepared for anything. Besides it could be useful for reminders which is mainly what I tend to use mine for.

ME? What if hearing people or customer service attitude to deaf or me. Is it deaf people or mine fault?
If Deaf person begin kindly ask the customer service "pen and paper please" or "would like to order" Hearing people attitude to deaf person. So, Is it their fault?
One lady at fast food. She got ugliest attitude. So is it my fault? I Ordered the meal nicely. So who fault?
so thanks for accusing deaf people and me.
I makes my self very clearly enough. Pay attention to the subjects I talked about.

thanks, have a nice day.

There are some people out there who are just straight up bitter and it doesn't matter who they talk to they are that way. There are also those who probably get extra bitter because they have to try harder than they are used to with their simple $5 an hour job.

Back