Jeep part mistaken for a weapon

TinCanSailor

Premium Member
Reaction score
A former shipmate friend of mine just shared this. Here was his comment:

So thank you to the lady who screamed at me and threatened to call the cops because of the "large assault rifle" strapped to the hood. I know times are tense but you are _______ stupid.

Attachments

• jeep jack.jpg
    jeep jack.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 22
Yeah I posted that on my FB recently too. I'd dial the phone for her and wait with my video rolling when the cops show up

That's a high capacity assalt jack. It's no laughing matter guys. That thing could start killing people at any second! We should pass an assault jack law limiting them to 10 inches.

Funny fact though. When you are wratcheting them down, if you slip, the weight of the handle can cause it to cycle very rapidly kind of going on "full auto" watched a friend of mine smash his knuckles up good once that way.

I hadn't the slightest idea what it was from the photo. And why is it on the hood of all places?

You see it on off road vehicles a lot. It's for vehicle extraction. It's often on the hood because if you're buried in the mud you don't want to have to dig in the muck to get it. some times it's on the rear bumper but they tend to get in the way and beat up there.

I hadn't the slightest idea what it was from the photo. And why is it on the hood of all places?

I can't answer about why it's on the hood, I'm sure posts below will explain that. But I knew right away it was a jack, just because we have that here at home too. Just not on the hood! :lol:

You see it on off road vehicles a lot. It's for vehicle extraction. It's often on the hood because if you're buried in the mud you don't want to have to dig in the muck to get it. some times it's on the rear bumper but they tend to get in the way and beat up there.
Easy access when your vehicle is half buried in the mud

Back