Jane Lynch Battles Hearing Disability

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Jane Lynch | Jane Lynch Battles Hearing Disability | Contactmusic

Actress Jane Lynch realised she was deaf in one ear when she was just seven years old.

Lynch, who has been hard of hearing in her right ear since she was a child, reveals she first became aware of the problem when she was playing with her brother.

She tells the National Enquirer, "My brother was switching ears with his transistor radio and I said, 'You can't do that. You can only hear out of one ear.' And he was like, 'No. I hear out of both!'

"I said, 'Mom, I only hear out of one ear! And we went to the doctor. It's nerve deafness, probably from a very high fever when I was a baby."

But Lynch certainly hasn't let a hearing disability affect her acting career - she currently stars on the award-winning hit American TV show Glee.

She adds, "I shoot the sound into my one good ear. If I think about it, I can straighten it out, but a hearing aid wouldn't even help (that ear). It's stone-cold deaf."

Jane Lynch | Jane Lynch Battles Hearing Disability | Contactmusic

Actress Jane Lynch realised she was deaf in one ear when she was just seven years old.

Lynch, who has been hard of hearing in her right ear since she was a child, reveals she first became aware of the problem when she was playing with her brother.

She tells the National Enquirer, "My brother was switching ears with his transistor radio and I said, 'You can't do that. You can only hear out of one ear.' And he was like, 'No. I hear out of both!'

"I said, 'Mom, I only hear out of one ear! And we went to the doctor. It's nerve deafness, probably from a very high fever when I was a baby."

But Lynch certainly hasn't let a hearing disability affect her acting career - she currently stars on the award-winning hit American TV show Glee.

She adds, "I shoot the sound into my one good ear. If I think about it, I can straighten it out, but a hearing aid wouldn't even help (that ear). It's stone-cold deaf."

Woot de woot, another oddball like me!!! :cool2:

She also is Spencer Reed's mother on Criminal Minds.

I thought that show was discontinued, no? BTW which one was/is Spencer Reed?

Nooooo!!!!! I am sure not. Reed is the young psychologist, thought by some to be on the autism spectrum.

Lynch plays his institutionalized, schizophrenic, equally brilliant mother.

This is my favorite show.

He the one does crimmal profiling , he tall and thin ,I think wear he eyes glasses too.

Sometimes he does. He also wears his watch on the outside on top of his shirt sleeve, which is supposed to give the clue he has sensory integration problems. :)

Only about Criminal Minds. I am a true fanatic. :)

I love shows like Criminal Minds, I love Bones and NCIS too! I wish I knew about Criminal law jobs when I was younger I would had love to had a job doing this! I must take after my uncle who was a FBI man!

Sometimes he does. He also wears his watch on the outside on top of his shirt sleeve, which is supposed to give the clue he has sensory integration problems. :)

I know I am going off the subject, but did you get my email of Marty?

And Leslie Nielsen, although he is also dead now.

...which is even more of a disability. ;-/

(I miss Leslie Neilsen. True comic genius, that man.)

old post but still
i love glee <3 I cant hear with my left ear and it's so awesome she feels good about being HoH! hurray :)

Back