Its hard to tolerate ignorance from people you know =/

Steinhauer is my long lost relative! Seriously, is it mid-frequency loss first? Seems like you told me that a while back.

The kind of hearing loss that I have can mimic meineres. I don't have the same extent of vertigo that some one with meineres has though.

Unfortunately, hearing people will say horrible things to a late-deafened person that they would never dare say to another deaf person. Their attitude is that you're not "one of them." I either educate them or blow them off, depending on how much enegry I have at the time.

That's an interesting point that never occured to me. :hmm:

Yea, Bott, it sucks. It's always very awkward for me.

Bott... just another late deaf perk. Along with the Voice. So glad you see it now.

Sally Lou you are so smart! Late Deaf is no less Deaf for some of us. :)

I undersatnd communication because tough tried becuase I requires on interpreter because reason worth because communication because misunderstand hard to understand difficult I knew frustrated I accept because hearing doesn't understand :( I understand 100& perecent because lots of complication I knew I am very tough because communication improve strong I am very awkward to communication to speaking not easy I hires on interpreter they knew me I am good asl :) I do best give understand courage to teach education and effort to your communicatoin because plus interpreter I experience struggle on frustrated I am very complication! It is very pretty frustrated I understand awkawrd how feeling truth!

I don't speak very much until I am in my adulthood, but it is drop out so I can try it again in future. I kinda of glad that I don't have to deal with listening their ignorance for every day. I don't hear them with my HA so often. But, I also glad that I read many worthy experience stories threads, that will help me for future...

I can't imagine how it is hard to deal with them like CBE's situation and another situations... :(

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Sunny, deafies have been kind and generous with me. The local Deaf community is good. I don't expect them to babysit me while I learn asl but I know people who are patient and enjoy helping those of us who are learning. I have never had any deaf person say anything that I would consider offensive. More blunt than I was used to but I learned that is just part of Deaf culture. Deaf people do tease me when I make a funny mistake but not in a mean way. They like a good laugh and know that I'm a good sport.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Sunny, deafies have been kind and generous with me. The local Deaf community is good. I don't expect them to babysit me while I learn asl but I know people who are patient and enjoy helping those of us who are learning. I have never had any deaf person say anything that I would consider offensive. More blunt than I was used to but I learned that is just part of Deaf culture. Deaf people do tease me when I make a funny mistake but not in a mean way. They like a good laugh and know that I'm a good sport.

That is why I learned the sign for idiot. To use on myself! But I'm having a good time learning ASL regardless...

I'm very sorry you friend did that. I would have taken cab also.

My frustration is with colleagues at work. Plus family but they are finally starting to understand. I have explained communication needs to colleagues but they seem to forget quickly. You would think that when I talk with my funny accent that this would be reminder but it isn't. :roll:

Really tough not easy alone because isolated because pretty hard to frustrated

As a HoH person, I can tell you that the majority of hearing people think you are faking your hearing loss. Especially if your speech is good.

yeah i know how that feels..i'm profoundly deaf and someone i knew would always accuse me of faking my deafness- he thought i was looking for pity and attention

:dunno2:

Back