It's a girl for Brad & Angelina!

IslandGal

Reaction score
LOS ANGELES - In what was arguably the most anticipated delivery in the world, Angelina Jolie gave birth to Brad Pitt’s daughter Saturday in Africa, Pitt’s publicist announced.

“The night of May 27, 2006 in Namibia, Africa, Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt welcomed their daughter Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt. No further information is being given,” publicist Cindy Guagenti said in a statement.

No photographs were being released, she added.

A celebrity magazine earlier Saturday reported Jolie was scheduled to give birth via Caesarian section.

In Touch Weekly wrote on its web site that Jolie, 30, had planned to give birth to her child with Pitt at an African resort where they are staying, but doctors told Jolie she would be safer in a hospital.

“There’s nothing seriously wrong. They are expecting it all to be routine,” the magazine quoted an unnamed “insider” as saying.

The baby’s arrival had been the subject of intense press speculation in recent months, compelling the superstar couple to decamp to Africa for privacy.

The actors were linked romantically shortly after appearing together in the 2005 movie “Mr. and Mrs. Smith.”

Jolie, 30, is a frequent visitor to Africa and serves as goodwill ambassador for the U.N. High Commissioner for Refugees.

Jolie has two adopted children: toddler Zahara, from Ethiopia, and 4-year-old Maddox, from Cambodia.

Both had their surnames legally changed to Jolie-Pitt after Pitt announced his intentions to co-adopt the children.

Pitt and actress Jennifer Aniston divorced last fall.

Jolie, who won an Oscar for her supporting role in 1999’s “Girl, Interrupted,” is divorced from Billy Bob Thornton and Jonny Lee Miller.

In an e-mail to the Cannes Film Festival in the south of France on Tuesday, Pitt wrote he couldn’t attend the screening of his new film, “Babel,” due to “the imminent arrival of the newest addition to our family.”

The expected birth of the first biological child for both Jolie and Pitt, 42, has drawn intense media attention — and equally determined efforts by the couple to maintain their privacy.

Arriving at the coastal town of Walvis Bay last month, they have been shielded by their own bodyguards and Namibian police at the luxury Burning Shores resort hotel. Pitt and Jolie have largely kept out of sight along with her two adopted children, Maddox, 4, and Zahara, 16 months.

Last month, the couple’s security chief gave a local journalist a statement signed by Pitt and Jolie asking that they be left alone.

Photographers have gotten a few shots, but for the most part, they have had to settle for photos of large, green barriers set up on the beach to block the view of prying lenses.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13006217/?GT1=8199

How lovely!

She was born on my daughter's birthday - 27th May !!!!!!!!!

They named after my beloved Siberia Husky dog, Shiloh!!! :)

CONGRATS to them...

Yeah, I read them this earlier mornin'. :D By the way, Congratulations to Brad and Jolie on the birth of their daughter, Shiloh !!

I don't understand why people are congratulating two unmarried people for having an out-of-wedlock baby. They started messing around while Brad was still married--that's adultery.

I'm glad that the baby is healthy but I don't see any reason for us to celebrate. I pity the child for the mixed up family life she will have.

CrazyMomma said:
They named after my beloved Siberia Husky dog, Shiloh!!! :)

CONGRATS to them...

Isn't Shiloh a jewish name ? I have seen Angelina Jolie act and she is a good actor. I have also seen Brad Pitt act in some military drama movie I forgot what it was. What is wrong with being born in America? That baby would have been granted American citizenship.

I love the name, I can't stand the names Apple and Moses!

Shiloh is so swell!, I'am so glad she was born in Africa - the same country her sister is from and that her Mom loves! I'am glad the newborn wasn't born in America!

Heath said:
What is wrong with being born in America? That baby would have been granted American citizenship.
Yes she can be granted an American citizenship because both her parents are Americans.

Oh really congrats to Angelina and Bratt have a new daughter named Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt

Reba said:
I don't understand why people are congratulating two unmarried people for having an out-of-wedlock baby. They started messing around while Brad was still married--that's adultery.

I'm glad that the baby is healthy but I don't see any reason for us to celebrate. I pity the child for the mixed up family life she will have.

Yeah, I know -- but, as long as the baby is healthy. I celebrated for the birth of their daughter, but I don't celebrate for their " livin' together " if, they are not married. I thought Brad and Jennifer are already divorced, aren't they ?

CyberRed said:
Yeah, I know -- but, as long as the baby is healthy. I celebrated for the birth of their daughter, but I don't celebrate for their " livin' together " if, they are not married. I thought Brad and Jennifer are already divorced, aren't they ?

yes, they were finalized divorced recently last fall...

CyberRed said:
... I thought Brad and Jennifer are already divorced, aren't they ?
They are now but they weren't when Brad and Angelina started "dating". Their divorce was final Oct. 2. Pregnancies take 9 months. Do the math.

Reba said:

I agree with you 100%...to be honest with you...looking at this couple makes me :squint:

I lost respect for both of them...Why?

1) Brad left Jennifer because of Angelina
2) They had an affair and ended up pregnant
3) Angelina destroyed Brad and Jennifer's marriage
4) Brad divorced Jennifer recently last fall

I noticed that Angelina controls Brad in some ways...I can tell by her behavior...maybe I could be wrong... :dunno:

Have you seen Brad's new hairstyle? :barf: looks like he has hair wig on..:lol:

Im glad the baby is healthy...but to be honest, I lost respect for them! I refused to watch their movie, "Mr and Mrs Smith"...I will not watch it ever...because of their adultry! Besides, I think Angelina is WEIRD!

Reba said:
They are now but they weren't when Brad and Angelina started "dating". Their divorce was final Oct. 2. Pregnancies take 9 months. Do the math.

Well, I don't do the math. I am bad at math. Sorry.

coloravalanche said:
I agree with you 100%...to be honest with you...looking at this couple makes me :squint:

I lost respect for both of them...Why?

1) Brad left Jennifer because of Angelina
2) They had an affair and ended up pregnant
3) Angelina destroyed Brad and Jennifer's marriage
4) Brad divorced Jennifer recently last fall

I noticed that Angelina controls Brad in some ways...I can tell by her behavior...maybe I could be wrong... :dunno:

Have you seen Brad's new hairstyle? :barf: looks like he has hair wig on..:lol:

Im glad the baby is healthy...but to be honest, I lost respect for them! I refused to watch their movie, "Mr and Mrs Smith"...I will not watch it ever...because of their adultry! Besides, I think Angelina is WEIRD!

I agree with you!! I feel so sorry for Jennifer. Brad left her for Angelina!

Back