It is early spring here and...

LDNanna

Premium Member
Reaction score
Spring lends a whole new meaning to "Thar she bloooowws!"

Not speaking of whales, but oceans of dog hair... fuzz balls rivaling dust bunnies! They are rolling under the sofa, under the chairs, under the table, rolling down the hall and stuck in the furniture and crevises.

Rubber grooming gloves, a shedding blade and shampoos. A plethora, an overabundance, a river of flowing and loose bits. Still, it does not stop. Mounds of raked hair, birds nests overflowing. Twice daily we harvest a small plastic grocery sack of loose, very loose, fuzz. She still has a very thick, shiny coat and looks like a bumper year.

Over worked vacuum cleaner, dust sprays, and stacks of dusting cloths.

Dang, it is a very good thing that she gives great kisses and has soft brown eyes.

Any advice? By the way, I love this 75 lb shepherd/chow dog. Reallllly I do.... lol Oh, and I do NOT purposely knit with dog hair! haha

Spring lends a whole new meaning to "Thar she bloooowws!"
Not speaking of whales, but oceans of dog hair...
Any advice? By the way, I love this 75 lb shepherd/chow dog. Reallllly I do.... lol Oh, and I do NOT purposely knit with dog hair! haha

Cowboy magic detangler and shine is (I really hate using this word, but it works) Fabulous.

By now you've already figured out you've got a healthy dog ;) I love chow mixes. I used to brush every day and then a few sprays of the cowboy magic. It will keep the flyaways down, get rid of the static electricity and make brushing the next day a little quicker. If you can't find it then a 'shine' spray for humans such as paul mitchell would work too, but it can get expensive. Nothing takes away the shedding or makes it enormously easier, but this helps a bit :)

Don't we all just love the taste of dog hair in the morning, LOL

I wish I knew how to get rid of cat hair. Two of three cats have cat hair all over the house, and even in the corners.

My advice- rescue non shedding breeds. You have to either save for grooming or learn to groom yourself , but no dander and no hair all over.

I have to because of asthma, but it would work for everyone. :)

You can buy vacuum designed for dogs . I seen this on TV , I have no idea how good they work!

Today I swept before and after work and ran a damp mop around the floor. It did help. So does brushing her a lot. I am going to the feed store tomorrow for some of the spray to help my dog.

A local furniture company is going out of business. We have been needing a new couch. Our current second hand couch is a decade old and was worn out when we got it. My NEW one is soft, brown, wipeable cover and brown. I will be able to wipe all the dog hair away. lol The best thing is that the new couch is the same price as a fancy new vacuum.

Now where is the Endust and the dust mop? wow...

LD, that is most certainly it. I'm happy to hear about your new couch! My favorite material in all the world is microfiber ;)
You have reminded me that my community service is now due. I'll be taking my trusty bag around the neighborhood to the elderly and offering to do a "scrub n rake" for free. I get to pet the pooches and they don't have to pay out for spring cleaning in which the groomer pressures them to shave their beloved pet.

Shave with #4 or 5 clipping about less one inch hair shorter! :)

Back