Is this wrong

The person who keeps saying something is the coordinator basically he is the one I go to if I have issues I honestly don't know who is complaining about it I do know I have emailed the audiologist about changing the volume and doing different things to get her to wear it and they claim they do these things but I'm not there to know for a fact

Sent from my iPhone using AllDeaf

Why does she have one she cannot turn up and down herself??????????? It seems to me that just knowing she could turn it down if it bothers her, whether she actually gets around to using that function or not, might make her more willing to wear it.

Because when they are young they make the buttons not work through programming

Because when they are young they make the buttons not work through programming

If it is through programing, could you have them change it and see if it changes her being willing to wear them. I just have this feeling that just knowing she could change the volume herself would make a great difference in how she feels about them.

It's a thought I will talk to the audiologist and suggest it

Well I don't recall in her IEP that there is a place that states she has to wear her hearing aid yes she benefits from using it but I don't see how someone can force another to do so I do see your point as far as academics go but at the same time it's like the deaf school is the pot calling the kettle black it's a Deaf school so it's not like she couldn't learn even if she chose not to she knows asl and her teachers do not talk they are non oral completely deaf so that's what confuses me on why would they want to force it maybe tell her ok well we need to do speech let's place the hearing aid in and do speech and if you don't want to wear it afterwards we will put it away and not say anything afterwards just go with the flow to see what she does I just know at home she never wants it even if I say here let's put your hearing aid in and my son who is also deaf wears his everyday there are somedays he will give them a break but he never really gave me problems like she does and my lord his can be loud to me they feedback and all but the settings are to his needs

It would be a lot easier to read your posts if you broke it up into sentence and not have one huge paragraph .

OK! I got you now, but you could made sentences . My daughter is able to do this from her phone.

You need to be carful with what you say. Some phones don't allow it. When I post from my phone, I seperate my sentences etc but when I post, my phone puts it all back together! Don't be so blunt and accept people by who they are!

You need to be carful with what you say. Some phones don't allow it. When I post from my phone, I seperate my sentences etc but when I post, my phone puts it all back together! Don't be so blunt and accept people by who they are!

HUH ?? Are you for real ?? Where did I say anything about not accenting the OP for who she is? I am not talking her, I am talking about her posts which I happen TO FIND interesting and I want to made sure I understand what she is saying. If you take the time to read my comments you'll see I am agreeing with her. And if the OP has any issues with my comments she is capable of saying it herself. Chill out .

It's a thought I will talk to the audiologist and suggest it

Could you bring some music your daughter like to listen to this might help give an idea how to adjust the volume . I hate having only my audi voice to listen to when I get my HA adjusted , I wish I could a listen a TV too so I can get a better idea if the volume is too loud or not loud enough.

HUH ?? Are you for real ?? Where did I say anything about not accenting the OP for who she is? I am not talking her, I am talking about her posts which I happen TO FIND interesting and I want to made sure I understand what she is saying. If you take the time to read my comments you'll see I am agreeing with her. And if the OP has any issues with my comments she is capable of saying it herself. Chill out .

You are telling her to seperate her sentences because your daughter can!....instead of telling her how to write, just accept how she writes and get on with it!

Could you bring some music your daughter like to listen to this might help give an idea how to adjust the volume . I hate having only my audi voice to listen to when I get my HA adjusted , I wish I could a listen a TV too so I can get a better idea if the volume is too loud or not loud enough.

Idk if that's aloud. But it's a good idea I will have to ask the audiologist about.

Did you ask them(Maryland School for the Deaf) if it is law? I would have been the child that refused. I would have destroyed the HA's as well. In the face of more pressure I would have gotten more and more stubborn. Punishments would have escalated. The School would have decided at age 6 I was not MATURE enough for them. Come back later... much later...

Audiologists are like kids, they are all different. In a laid back no pressure way keeping it calm, do some looking on your own for another audiologist and then with the same demeanor bring little one with you for a visit.

I am guessing you are working as well. A effort now to go with her is a big deal. Her small stand is in a way kind of a way of getting your attention, besides the torture of adjusting to electronics in the ears. You do not want to experience what that can turn into add ten years by not fully tuning in to her now. Just thoughts on my part. I know a little bit about rebelling. You sound like a good Mom to me. I hope it all works out okay.

You are telling her to seperate her sentences because your daughter can!....instead of telling her how to write, just accept how she writes and get on with it!

Get over it yourself other people had said this before when someone wrote one long sentence and I saw no one get bend out of place and not one person had dies when this happen you are acting like I am telling the OP to do something that is going to put her life in danger people and are you the OP mother or something why are you treating her as if she is a child and can't speak for herself the OP is a grown woman and it she had any issues with what I said she is more than capable of telling what she think get Chill out and this end has if hijacking the OP thread.

Did you ask them(Maryland School for the Deaf) if it is law? I would have been the child that refused. I would have destroyed the HA's as well. In the face of more pressure I would have gotten more and more stubborn. Punishments would have escalated. The School would have decided at age 6 I was not MATURE enough for them. Come back later... much later...

Audiologists are like kids, they are all different. In a laid back no pressure way keeping it calm, do some looking on your own for another audiologist and then with the same demeanor bring little one with you for a visit.

I am guessing you are working as well. A effort now to go with her is a big deal. Her small stand is in a way kind of a way of getting your attention, besides the torture of adjusting to electronics in the ears. You do not want to experience what that can turn into add ten years by not fully tuning in to her now. Just thoughts on my part. I know a little bit about rebelling. You sound like a good Mom to me. I hope it all works out okay.

Honestly no I've had a lot of issues with the school I wanted to see what other people would say before I made an @$$ out of myself. I see that some agree with me and others don't and I see both sides. But I also feel if I do force them she won't wear them period like myself I would bury mine in the back yard and tell my mom a witch came and stole them or loose them in the front yard. I do try to get her to wear them but if she is consistent with no I won't force it. I know I have my moments with not wanting to wear mine. This is my first time dealing with a Deaf school my parents are hearing everything I'm doing for my kids is something I have researched I had no idea about a deaf community. So on top of that I figured they would be more free spirited to understanding. I see the educational benefits but MSD is bilingual too so that is the part I don't understand like , does it really matter? I mean don't get me wrong in this if they are going to be picky how about with their teachers and their grammar here is an example email I receivedImageUploadedByAllDeaf1397348032.229690.jpg from the teacher about my son .

She basically is telling me that my son wanted his squirrel in the tree (he takes a friend sometimes) but I don't think he realized it was time to go home he was upset that he couldn't get his stuffed animal before going home.

Honestly no I've had a lot of issues with the school I wanted to see what other people would say before I made an @$$ out of myself. I see that some agree with me and others don't and I see both sides. But I also feel if I do force them she won't wear them period like myself I would bury mine in the back yard and tell my mom a witch came and stole them or loose them in the front yard. I do try to get her to wear them but if she is consistent with no I won't force it. I know I have my moments with not wanting to wear mine. This is my first time dealing with a Deaf school my parents are hearing everything I'm doing for my kids is something I have researched I had no idea about a deaf community. So on top of that I figured they would be more free spirited to understanding. I see the educational benefits but MSD is bilingual too so that is the part I don't understand like , does it really matter? I mean don't get me wrong in this if they are going to be picky how about with their teachers and their grammar here is an example email I receivedView attachment 20800 from the teacher about my son .

Is that tiny print the email? I am not seeing it , is your son HOH too?
I really agree with you about not forcing your daughter to wear her HA , she might take it as being a punishment I feel a child should want to wear their HA . I hated my HA as it was a body style one and big and boxy and it looked like I had one square boob when I was child. I think it's great that you are standing up for your child.

Back