Is this possible?

DeafDyke is a she

Never mind, just like I wouldn't know if you were male or female and you wouldn't know who I was as well!

I have noticed in life if you are on a roll of some sort doing some good for yourself that there will be opposition. It just happens. For some reason what you are saying is getting her on some instinct level. In trying to make her point she sounds like she has gone on the attack. As a very basic guy and I do not know anything about deafdyke and the deep inner meaning of the name but it sounds like she needs some good fucking. Of course that is my answer for all kinds of mysterious behaviours. Not that I am volunteering I am way taken.

Never mind, just like I wouldn't know if you were male or female and you wouldn't know who I was as well!

lol don't worry about it. I'm a he and you're a she.

Exactly. Guys, I'm not one of those anti HA/CI folks....and I do think HAs and CIs are an awesome tool. I mean yes, you should try to maximize your use of hearing....but at the same time.....is it really THAT vitial? Like yes, in some cases it might help increase word understanding, but on the other hand......I'm just saying that hearing aids and CIs are kinda limited as to what they can do. I mean yeah, it's great if they can somehow tweak the aid so you can hear better, but what will you do if you can't access that frequency?

There is a time and place for your "ASL agenda" and this is not it so let's focus on what NaidaUP is seeking for, si?

She was implying it......

No, she absolutely wasn't. She was asking a question about making a programming change to her HA so sounds are better in certain environments.

You're creating a double-standard here. If you're going to start picking on people for making changes to their HAs to get better sound and implying that makes people feel they can't function, then you might as well start posting in all threads where people ask about audis, HAs, CIs, what brands, how much power, etc., because you are implying none of us can function without hearing if all we want to do is make a change. You should tell the next parent who comes in asking about HAs or CIs for his/her child that said child cannot function without hearing.

Really? :roll:

No, she absolutely wasn't. She was asking a question about making a programming change to her HA so sounds are better in certain environments.

You're creating a double-standard here. If you're going to start picking on people for making changes to their HAs to get better sound and implying that makes people feel they can't function, then you might as well start posting in all threads where people ask about audis, HAs, CIs, what brands, how much power, etc., because you are implying none of us can function without hearing if all we want to do is make a change. You should tell the next parent who comes in asking about HAs or CIs for his/her child that said child cannot function without hearing.

Really? :roll:

Well said :)

Umm, I do lipread thanks and sign, so don't assume sometbing before you know the full truth!! spend my life Lipreading. Why can't we get the most out of our hearing aids??!! Seems a but silly really, eh!!

Who said I'm frustrated, all I asked was a question?

You wouldn't get new hearing aids and they be set so your are basically still 100% Lipreading, that's not point. Digital aids do so much more, I may as well use it.

This hasn't changed my left speech score of 0% with noise. It has altho improved my right speech score to 54% in noise!!

Are you actually profoundly deaf????

Seriously, if you aren't profoundly deaf, don't judge our choices.
Really, just don't judge other people because they aren't exactly like you.

I'm not saying you, DeafDyke, are to blame but the op asked a question about amplification. She didn't say anything more than to ask about amplification.

Some people may benefit greatly from hearing aids (air conduction or bone conduction) but others may not. Just because you can benefit from one but choose not to doesnt mean that those of us who try to exist in both the hearing and Deaf world are somehow less Deaf.

DeafDyke,
If I recall correctly, your hearing loss is conductive (possibly with a sensironeural overlay). Some people, myself included, want to maintain a position in both the Deaf and hearing world. To do that we need to make maximal use of hour audition.
Sensriouneural hearing loss can't be corrected EVER (unlike purely conductive hearing loss) but we shouldn't be judged for trying to maximize our access to audition.

Is this possible to get even better speech in noisy environment by?

To take my everyday program, copy it into another programming slot. Then to enhance the 60db speech section which I believe would increase gain/MPO but then lower the over all gain/MPO back to what my everyday program is set at?

So at the end, my speech line would be higher then all the other lines within the software and more so then the everyday program but I won't have more gain/MPO.

Would that work or would it totally mess the sound up? Is it actually possible?

I know with the Naidas, you get all the features to help with speech in noise but am wondering if the above could help more?

Well everything is possible but the problem is when you do change the programs the brain will change too and you have to be more careful when you do so when you do so the left or right will change again too so you find to find yourself to change again for that hearing!! i am deaf with two hearing Naidas V UP so i have trys soo many things to change the program so you won't have any more gain!! so it's better to have a low level than a high level because the more low level you will take is the brain will take more hight level!! because it's change!! if you get hight level then it will be a mess!! and too many problems!! then if it dose not come back how it use to be then you have to live with that! mine had been very complicated!!

Back