Is This A Scam?

It's happened a few times over the last two years. No I never reported it, I just deleted them, next time I'll report it. Kevin.

I've gotten three people who want to marry me in the month since I joined FB. Grrr.. they're annoying.

LOL ! I know what you mean someone wanted to be my friend on facebook because I knew one of his friend! Get a life! I do not use my face book anymore for this reason! I was trying to find an friend .

I have received marriage proposals, people wanting 3-way sex-capdes, people who swear they went to school with me, but they are either 20 years younger than me or 20-40 years older than me. I've gotten requests from people claiming to be family members, but can't prove it. I'm almost ready to close my FB account, except that it's the only way my brothers keep up with us.

I have received marriage proposals, people wanting 3-way sex-capdes, people who swear they went to school with me, but they are either 20 years younger than me or 20-40 years older than me. I've gotten requests from people claiming to be family members, but can't prove it. I'm almost ready to close my FB account, except that it's the only way my brothers keep up with us.

Is it my imagination or are they targeting the deaf?

I think they definitely do. There is one guy on Facebook who is retired and kind of dedicates his time to exposing the people trying to scam deaf.

It is your imagination ! I have see on the news that anyone can get target! The woman on Dateline was not deaf or HOH and I have heard stories about other people getting scrammed and they not deaf or HOH. Anyone is fair game to a con artist! Older people do get scrammed a lot as they live alone and will be lonely and this made them an easy target! I seen this when I was a health aid! People would go to my client home and try to befriend them !

I have received marriage proposals, people wanting 3-way sex-capdes, people who swear they went to school with me, but they are either 20 years younger than me or 20-40 years older than me. I've gotten requests from people claiming to be family members, but can't prove it.
Hahahahahahahaaah....that's pretty damn funny. Marriage proposals and requests for three ways? What do they think Facebook is? Craig's List?
I've only gotten one "deaf" spam.....and very little spam spam on Facebook. When I was on Myspace I got spam ALL the time! There is spam in the groups sometimes.....
Oh, BTW for those of us on facebook who would like to clean up the Deaf Groups, check on the various and sundry Deaf Groups like Petition to get Facebook to reconize ASL as a language and report: Holley Ives (spams for her dhh personals site) ASL and Deaf Culture Awareness and report Jennifer Brayant and Lydia Abbey who are ALSO constantly spamming for their dhh personals site.

of course, even i get that kind of information , rme.. so i delate them.. i dont get that message often.. not much..

so simple to do is just clean up your computer and restart , then it should be fine.

The scammers tend to use yahoo email accounts FYI.

Congratulations Royale!

You have been selected as the winner in a lottery. You will be receiving a total of $2.5 million. Tax-free! Please send me a cheque of $500 to the name of Banjo in order to receive your prize.

Banjo

Congratulations Royale!

You have been selected as the winner in a lottery. You will be receiving a total of $2.5 million. Tax-free! Please send me a cheque of $500 to the name of Banjo in order to receive your prize.

Banjo

reported. :giggle:

I get scam emails all the time on my regular email but have a fairly decent spam detector.

I never did get spam emails on Facebook until I joined some of the Deaf pages. Now I've gotten several. In fact, I got the same one the OP got just yesterday. These low lifes seem to like to target certain audiences: the Deaf, the elderly, etc.

Another FB one that seems to be going around: Emails from extremely handsome younger men coming on to older women. All with Yahoo accounts of course. Now if I were a young chick I could see this...maybe. I'm not ugly, but let's face it, I'm an older, chubby late 50's woman. I figure whoever sends these are targeting people to scam them. Wanna bet they look nothing like their photos? :laugh2:

It is deplorable that some "people" feel scamming is such a lucrative career...:barf:

yeah and one time i got im that I won deaf lottery but of course i blocked the loser ;) but after that I tend to get dumb emails about nigara $$ that they want me to help but I tend to delete it right away never really believe emails cuz I don't open emails that i don't know who I just delete.. that is simple thing to do :D

Congratulations Royale!

Banjo

Wow, you're only asking for $500 , a woman on dateline lost thousands of $$ when she got scammed!

I've been getting emails right lately....wanting to know if "I'd like more inches".....China Lady is one of the senders.....I'm tempted to respond and say I female...but just simply "spam" them...got 2 more today..."penis enhancemant"....jeez, who could believe this stuff??

Back