Is There Any Way To Reduce Strain On My Ear?

whatislife

Reaction score
Like when I wear my glasses but my ci is on my right year so the temple tips of glass hurts my ear, i think it's adding weight on my ci or something. Is there a rubber I can cover my ci or on my glass? Any solutions? thanks

I have that same issue, that notch between my ear and skull is really sensitive, a day using the CI hook and i have to go 3 days without for it not to be sore again. I just use earmolds with my CI to hold them up off the top of my ear... That is about the only thing you can do.

I'm not sure if it's an option for you , but you could try lenses ? that way there would only be one thing bothering your ears ?

Depending on where the irritation is some have been happy with using moleskin (also sometimes used for shoes that rub). I have forgotten which department most have found it in.

you are probably adding pressure, not weight. glasses and a CI hook are pretty wide and probably pushing your ear outwards thus increasing sideways pressure if you have them side by side.

Like when I wear my glasses but my ci is on my right year so the temple tips of glass hurts my ear, i think it's adding weight on my ci or something. Is there a rubber I can cover my ci or on my glass? Any solutions? thanks

There are also off the ear CI options. Instead of wearing it on your ear, you wear it on your neck line or whatever is best for you and that may be something to ask your audiologist about or ask your CI company for ideas. I'd email them. They may have ideas for you to try.

There are contact lenses that you don't have to remove every night, so that's another option to consider.

Just have to try one that works for you.

Hearing people are lucky , they don't have to go through all this crap ! B/c of my head injury I have a hard time wearing hearing aid in my right ear and reading glasses
at the same time. I have to take off my HA to wear my glasses.

There should be a variety of wear options for your CI, including a Babyworn style or a smaller battery. Some glasses are made with a wraparound style to secure them so it wraps to the back of your head rather than behind the ear. You won't see loads of them, though, so if you don't like the few styles that are available that doesn't help. An earmould and a long piece of tubing can lift the processor up a bit, or you can try to use a rubber band to secure it to your glasses so it doesn't sink down into your ear. Depending on the type, you may even be able to take off the bit that hangs over the ear and just secure it using the glasses. I know the N5 and N6 you can just pop that bit off. I used to have a lot of trouble with that when I had my old hearing aids, glasses and a hairband all fighting for space behind my ear. Thankfully it's less trouble now as I have some of the N5 covers over my aids and it lifts the tubing up a bit.

Back