Is There A Voice To Text Device In One Hand Held Device?

jaylon

Reaction score
My I Phone has captioning for phone calls but is there a device that will convert face to face conversation to text?

My I Phone has captioning for phone calls but is there a device that will convert face to face conversation to text?
I think there is an app called MyEar which has a one time fee that you could try. I know there are others. Type in text to speech in the search and see what you get. For andriod app there is Google Live transcribe

There is otter.ai app for both Iphones and Andriod so give that a try.

Let me share a link that explains it https://www.hearinglikeme.com/speech-to-text-apps-for-the-deaf-community/

I use Live Transcribe on a phone with the Android OS. I do not know about ones for Iphone's IOS.

As well as one on one conversation I use it regularly for the part of a church service that goes over the regular sound system; but it has problems with comments from the congregation that are not spoken into a mic to go into the sound system unless it is someone sitting next to me. Because I always have a corded mic plugged in the only things I have to do since my Pastor has been conducting services over Facebook Live during the Virus "Stay at home" orders is make sure the mic is beside the computer speaker and the sound on the computer is turned up. Reading it on my phone does not make me miss much because the picture 99.9% of the time is just Pastor's head and upper body.

I found problems when eating out in a group because of not knowing who was going to be speaking to get the mic right up to them.

You do need to be aware of context. Like last Christmas at one point it had Jesus being born in a bar rather than a barn.

I use Live Transcribe on a phone with the Android OS. I do not know about ones for Iphone's IOS.

As well as one on one conversation I use it regularly for the part of a church service that goes over the regular sound system; but it has problems with comments from the congregation that are not spoken into a mic to go into the sound system unless it is someone sitting next to me. Because I always have a corded mic plugged in the only things I have to do since my Pastor has been conducting services over Facebook Live during the Virus "Stay at home" orders is make sure the mic is beside the computer speaker and the sound on the computer is turned up. Reading it on my phone does not make me miss much because the picture 99.9% of the time is just Pastor's head and upper body.

I found problems when eating out in a group because of not knowing who was going to be speaking to get the mic right up to them.

You do need to be aware of context. Like last Christmas at one point it had Jesus being born in a bar rather than a barn.
I just started using Live Transcribe on my I Phone yesterday. It's going to make my life so much better.

I just started using Live Transcribe on my I Phone yesterday. It's going to make my life so much better.

Live Transcribe for iOS is new to me (which makes sense since I have never had an iPhone). I do wonder if the similarity in the names is going to cause problems. I did do a Google search about them and one of the best descriptions I came across was on a site call hearinglikeme. I am qouting that description below.

"With the addition of this app, all smartphone users have a “live transcribe” option. There are some differences. The Android version can recognize non-speech sounds and is voice-activated. Based on anecdotal reports, the iOS version might need some time to be comparable.

Live Transcribe for iOS is a subscription-supported app that costs $4.99/month or $49.99/year. Currently there is a free seven-day trial."

I feel that I lucked out not having an iPhone because the app by Google is free! Also, the Google one I just hit the icon for the app and when one of us starts talking the transcription shows up on my phone. I hope what you found works very well for you.

Back